I can't handle this anymore.

Any suggestion welcome
tonytca

I can't handle this anymore.

Post by tonytca » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:09 pm

I got the patience of a saint but i just deleted my account!

I know this is a free service but this year i spent more time on this site trying to fix my phones then i do looking at my own email box.

The concept is good but i cant handle the down time as soon as i turn my back MySipSwitch gone down. Now painful migration problems to SipSorcery including 3 days of lost service and now tonight its taken me 4 hours to log in with all kinds of errors thrown up on the sorcery page clearly the server is creaking under strain.

Plus it uses Microsoft silver thingy and this is a serious enough problem on its own without ANY thing else to walk away.

So for now till something better comes along i just use the multiple accounts on each box and use built in forwarding features to provide cover. Now i can sleep knowing it will probably still be working in the morning unlike sipsorcery!

I wish you all luck and suggest you don't use this service for main comms but use for a "spare line" for testing purposes only.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:20 pm

Any level of fraud isn't anymore possible ... also :wink:
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

kitonne

second the frustration level

Post by kitonne » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:34 pm

1/ silverlight is a pain in the butt to use - fonts too small, no way to zoom in - wtf happened to the perfectly good interface which was working fine in mysipswitch.com?

2/ ruby plans which worked fine on mysipswitch.com no longer work when copied over at sipsorcery.com

3/ default ruby plan at mysipswitch could be used as is - just plug in three providers and you were up and going. The "new and improved" default ruby plan at sipsorcery is much longer (need to scroll in the tiny window created by silvercrap, no way to resize on my monitor, 1200x1920 portrait) and does not work "as is" - it depends on having a couple of providers predefined (or if the system knows the right sip server name for voxalot for all accounts it is not documented anywhere in easy reach). May we get the old ruby plan back, as "beginner" or"mysipswitch" plan added to the system, PLEASE?

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:27 pm

• 1/ even at the old version work space was limited, with SS you can't cut & paste with the mouse :shock:
  • 2/ Best option is to make seperate IN and OUT plans, or only make OUT plan, if all ring on your SS account, but even then dialplan response is different....
  • 3/ you can forget that, it's just a sysadmin side-project, with no further intentions, if you like it then you should use it, otherwise you shouldn't,
    i stopped using it, and am using the full potential of my 301 D, for 70 euro it's a give-away , room for 6 accounts....
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D