The new portal...

Any suggestion welcome

Do you think the new portal page is cramped?

Yes! It needs reworking!
86%
Yes, but I can deal with it.
14%
No, I think it's fine.
No votes
A portal?
No votes

Total votes: 7

medfordite

Re: The new portal...

Post by medfordite » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:32 pm

I would gladly switch to the new HTML/AJAZ portal if two things happened in there:

Add the console (I have to troubleshoot my system often and that is invaluable)
Add the ability to modify the dial plans.

Both of which I currently need to do in the Silverlight portal which is fine, but moving to a cleaner more compatible system such as the new one you have would be completely awesome!
-=-Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!-=-

nesslookalike

Post by nesslookalike » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Honestly Aaron, I've been a SS user for a while now, and I really think you should just stick with the silverlight portal as the default, and maybe have it switch to the HTML portal if a slow connection is detected or something (similar to how GMail handles slow connections by switching to a simpler HTML interface.) The silverlight portal is very powerful, easy to understand (imo) and maybe just needs a few color options tweaks (how about a settings menu for the interface?) to make it more user-friendly and easy on the eyes for newbies to the SS service.

Silverlight portal interface has always been a SS strength as far as I'm concerned, and if I had my way it would be the default, always.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:40 pm

I do agree I much prefer the Silverlight portal but the problem is if somebody is using a browser that doesn't support Silverlight and it's the default option they may not be able to easily work out where the HTML one is.