Disabling free accounts - Not the way to go IMO

Any suggestion welcome

Do you believe that disabling new accounts on SIP Sorcery was the right thing to do?

Yes
36%
Yes, but there were other options
36%
No, but it was the only option
No votes
No
29%

Total votes: 14

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Disabling free accounts - Not the way to go IMO

Post by Aaron » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:13 pm

@Spartans: I agree that Ruby dial plans are a big hurdle. I started work on the "Simple" dial plan Wizard last Friday.

XAVIER

Re: Disabling free accounts - Not the way to go IMO

Post by XAVIER » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 pm

@Aaron

Can't thank you enough for this service and how much blood, sweat, and tears have gone into keeping it working and growing over the past few years.
It's not just a compliment to VoIP, its really a breath of fresh air. A few things I would like to get across the table to you.

Mainly don't really see how limiting users to only 1 Sip provider and 1 Trunk as being productive, but understand the position you're in.
Was this done to simply get beta user's attention? If that was the case, you certainly have it.
Without the use of atleast 2 or 3 providers and 2 or 3 trunks however it makes sipsorceries' legacy almost none existent.
Over the very short and light usage of SipSorcery MANY -including myself have tried to provide as much useful feedback as possible.
Please re-consider cutting everyone down from the neck to toes and take a more reasonable approach to mitigating and re-distributing resources. The future of technology certainly lies in mesh and uni-cast networking, perhaps sipsorcery could take a different approach going forward when it comes to the matter of resource propagation.

Here at mozilla labs we have been using sipsorceries framework as a keymap for our upcoming teardrop project. In review, my previous thoughts on future development and possible new approaches to premium models I hope are useful to you and those of you who help manage sipsorcery.

All things considered we still believe there is great potential for sipsorcery on the horizon.

Good luck with all your future projects,
XAVIER
Mozilla Labs