Dial Plan Web Page

Any suggestion welcome
Aaron
Site Admin

Dial Plan Web Page

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:55 am

Hi All,

Some dial plan changes are on the way to facilitate multiple call forwarding. Some changes will be need to the web page accomdate that and we would like to know if there is anyone out there that uses the "Normal View" to work with the dial plan? That's the view where prefixes are entered as opposed to full commands in the text box.

If you do use it please post here to let us know. No responses will indicate it's not ebing used and will disappear :).

Regards,

Aaron

satphoneguy

Re: Dial Plan Web Page

Post by satphoneguy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:11 am

Aaron wrote:Hi All,

Some dial plan changes are on the way to facilitate multiple call forwarding. Some changes will be need to the web page accomdate that and we would like to know if there is anyone out there that uses the "Normal View" to work with the dial plan? That's the view where prefixes are entered as opposed to full commands in the text box.

If you do use it please post here to let us know. No responses will indicate it's not ebing used and will disappear :).

Regards,

Aaron
i do not use it; and do not find it all that useful for myself. on the other hand i have walked a few people through the process of setting things up and used the 'normal view' to ease the process a bit as these people were a bit new to the whole concept. in the end i think it would be a trade off that it would take a bit more learning to setup; but at the same time users come out with more knowledge. i would suggest put the priority on functionality. thats my two cents.

spg

pablo

Post by pablo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:21 pm

I would prefer at least that the Advanced view be the default when I log in.

The Normal view is useless when the dial plan increases in length, as the fields do not align correctly across my screen.
This may be due to the default fonts in use or bugs in the view code.

However, having a sample dial plan with a new account is helpful for new users.

Thanks for the ongoing improvements and enhancements.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:03 pm

Yes, Advanced view as default, would be a nice thing.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

deheza

Post by deheza » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:39 am

It's nice to use for the initial setup, shouldn't be default.