Stealing of VOIP minutes

Any suggestion welcome
ramprosoft

Stealing of VOIP minutes

Post by ramprosoft » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:01 am

Hi,

Recently I have read "Stealing of VOIP minutes" in many wabsites/news.

Appreciate, if you could give us the confidence that the configured SIP setups/passwords are not hacked by those thiefs or hackers or even your team mates.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramesh

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:05 pm

Hi ramprosoft,

The sipswitch was initially developed and is still hosted by a company called Blue Face who are based in Ireland (and whom I work for).

As far as security of the systems go the sipswitch database and service are hosted on the same servers that host the commercial Blue Face service. That means the sipswitch systems are operating at the same level of security as a commercial VoIP service.

As far as Blue Face being interested in collecting credentials or stealing VoIP minutes we're not and would have a lot more to lose than gain by engaging in such a practice. I suspect such behaviour would probably be judged as criminal in Ireland and therefore we'd be putting not only our reputation at risk but also the existence of our business and in an extreme case our freedom (if for instance a successful criminal prosecution was brought).

If you would like to make doubly sure you can check the IP address the sipswitch is running on:

http://www.ripe.net/fcgi-bin/whois?form ... 200.94.182

Regards,

Aaron