Dutch phone number for free?

Nederlands Forum
ElArpa

Dutch phone number for free?

Post by ElArpa » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:33 am

Hi there,

Sorry to disturb the Nederlands forum with an English language message...

Does any of you know a SIP operator that offers a Dutch phone number for free?

It is just to be able to receive incoming phone calls from The Netherlands.
Thank you in advance.

/Michael

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Well, nothing is really for free in life,
http://www.doorschakelnummer.nl/Consume ... ulier.aspx
with the above, you can get a number, that can normaly dialed from any non internet phone, (landline/cellphone) within the Netherlands only, the caller pays 35 eurocents per minute, the receiver (you) nothing, for taking the call.
or, you take something like BudgetPhone, this will cost you only 10 euros a year, and the caller pays the normal landline (Netherlands) rate, or it's normal cellphone tarif.
or, You take a VoipBuster account, (register as living in the Netherlands) and for a one time fee of one euro, you get a call in number, (0)85xxxx.....
i guess these are the few options you have, in the Netherlands, i don't know, if you can arrange this from a non Netherlands IP address.......

btw. post your results ! this will be nice to know for any other user, with the same idea !
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

ElArpa

Thanks!

Post by ElArpa » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:32 pm

Thanks, The Fug!

For everybody's information a few things are really free in life:
- a free UK landline number with Sipgate.co.uk
- a free German landline number with Sipgate.de
- a free US landline number with Sipgate.com (however only with a US IP address)

But Sipgate is unfortunately not present in The Netherlands.

I will try to set up a VoipBuster account for 1 EUR without a Dutch IP address and let you know how it goes.

/Michael

guduri

Post by guduri » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:43 pm

If you are willing to spend a buck, you may want to checkout localphone.com. They give a UK number for free and a Netherlands number is $5 setup and $1 per month after that. You have a choice of where the number should be geographically in the Netherlands.

ElArpa

Not so much luck...

Post by ElArpa » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:34 pm

Unfortunately it did not really work out for me...

As far as I could see Doorschakelnummer.nl only allows you to redirect to a DUTCH number - so that is of no use to me.

And VoipBuster minimum credit purchase is 10 EUR, which makes it the same price as BudgetPhone. And I didn't even get so far as to see if I could actually buy a Ducth number there...

TheFug

Re: Thanks!

Post by TheFug » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:15 am

ElArpa wrote:Thanks, The Fug!

For everybody's information a few things are really free in life:
- a free UK landline number with Sipgate.co.uk
- a free German landline number with Sipgate.de
- a free US landline number with Sipgate.com (however only with a US IP address)

But Sipgate is unfortunately not present in The Netherlands.

I will try to set up a VoipBuster account for 1 EUR without a Dutch IP address and let you know how it goes.

/Michael
Yes, correct, i've got also a German nummer at Sipgate,
And www.ipkall.com you can add to your US fee service list.
But all these services are not in the Netherlands, and an service equal to that, does not exists in the Netherlands.
I guess this is done to prevent toll fraud, or other exploits...
Maybe having some sort of server in the Netherlands, that you can manage remotely, an solution ? i don't know how important this is, to you.
Last edited by TheFug on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

TheFug

Re: Not so much luck...

Post by TheFug » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:22 am

ElArpa wrote:Unfortunately it did not really work out for me...

As far as I could see Doorschakelnummer.nl only allows you to redirect to a DUTCH number - so that is of no use to me.

And VoipBuster minimum credit purchase is 10 EUR, which makes it the same price as BudgetPhone. And I didn't even get so far as to see if I could actually buy a Ducth number there...
With BudgetPhone you can divert, (settings) but you need to set a prepay account for that, to divert to normal telco's, and i couldn't get sip-uri diverts to work with BP myself...
Thanks, The Fug.

Windstorm

Re: Dutch phone number for free?

Post by Windstorm » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:06 pm

You can get here a free dutch geographical number: http://www.my12connect.nl/uk/home_user/about_us.html Look at the buttom of the page.
it's a 085 number, it has to be charged at the same rate as a normal dutch fixed line. Within the Netherlands there are some providers who despite make an exception for this kind of numbers.
outgoing sip: Webcalldirect NL Mobile and Voipbuster Fixed
als tegoeden opzijn: naar www.Justvoip.com
incoming: Budgetphone NL
Voip Fax: Speedlinq (tel.telefoniedienst.nl) (registreted in speedtouch 716)

Verder klanten via: www.windbel.nl

thefug2

Re: Dutch phone number for free?

Post by thefug2 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:36 pm

Windstorm wrote:You can get here a free dutch geographical number: http://www.my12connect.nl/uk/home_user/about_us.html Look at the buttom of the page.
it's a 085 number, it has to be charged at the same rate as a normal dutch fixed line. Within the Netherlands there are some providers who despite make an exception for this kind of numbers.
Yes, I new this already, have an account @ 12Connect for some time now, they also have some nice features, 12Connect offers more, compaired to BudgetPhone, @ BudgetPhone you have to pay 10 euro/year but you have region (city) bound number for that.
Recently i quit my BudgetPhone number, because 12Connect is good enough for me, 12Connect also allows peering, which is handy combined with Sipbroker etc....

btw Freecall allows you to call Dutch 0800 numbers for free without call credit.
Thanks,
The Fug,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gear: provider modem in bridge, wl309 sitecom router, DECT IP's : Gigaset DX800 All In One, Panasonic TPG 550