Two ATAs behind home router ?

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
hotm

Two ATAs behind home router ?

Post by hotm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:32 am

Hello!
I have two SS account registered on two different ATAs located behind my home router, which has only one Public IP.
One ATA is registered on 5060 port and the other on 5061. Also I set Stun as: stun.xten.net for both.
I am able to initiate and to receive calls from each ATA only to outside (WAN) SIP or PSTN numbers (according my dial plans).
The problem is that I am not able to hear anything when I am calling between the two ATAs (LAN). The phone rings, get connected but there is No Audio.
How can solve this issue ?
Thanks!

MikeTelis

Re: Two ATAs behind home router ?

Post by MikeTelis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:38 am

I'm afraid you need an IP PBX running on your LAN. Similar topic: Calling The Same ATA

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:09 am

Or if you are calling between them using sipsorcery you can:

1. Set the Network Id to the same value for each of the SIP accounts in the sipsorcery SIP account manager,

2. When you call between them use a dial string option of ma=false, e.g. sys.Dial("myOtherAccount@local[ma=false]").

Note that for either of the above mechanisms to work the ATA's MUST be placing their private IP addresses in the SIP INVITE requests. Most of the time that will occur automatically if you DISABLE STUN. What STUN does is allows the ATA to put the public IP address in the SIP INVITE and once that happens there is no way to get back to the private IP addres so that you can get the RTP flowing directly between the two ATAs.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Disabling STUN was what I tried first thing trying to get a similar setup to work (and I tried [ma=false]) but it didn't help. Maybe it has something to do with my router, I'm considering upgrading it.