custom sip uri calling ?

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
TheFug

custom sip uri calling ?

Post by TheFug » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:33 pm

How does sip uri calling work ?
i've registered for my own sip uri, and if i do a tracert to the url version of it, it seems to point to my ip address, > tracert myname.sipme.nl and i guess the uri version is myname@sipme.nl, but how do i set my hardware to receive calls on that uri ? are there "known cases" that it wil work, on the SPA3102, or GXP2000 ?
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: custom sip uri calling ?

Post by Aaron » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:18 pm

TheFug wrote:How does sip uri calling work ?
i've registered for my own sip uri, and if i do a tracert to the url version of it, it seems to point to my ip address, > tracert myname.sipme.nl and i guess the uri version is myname@sipme.nl, but how do i set my hardware to receive calls on that uri ? are there "known cases" that it wil work, on the SPA3102, or GXP2000 ?
Hi TheFug,

I suspect your phone will have no problem accepting the call. Some phones have an option not to receive anonymous calls in which case they will only allow incoming calls from servers they are registered to but most allow anonymous by default.

If the calls aren't getting through then I suspect your NAT is probably blocking them getting through. You'll need to make sure UDP 5060 is forwarded to the phone you want to receive the calls on.

Regards,

Aaron