Is it possible? Dial in to sipsorcery to dial out...

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
ntiangco

Is it possible? Dial in to sipsorcery to dial out...

Post by ntiangco » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:47 am

Hi guys...

Is this possible?

Dial in to a sipsorcery registered SIP account.
Sipsorcery takes the call and allows me to dial out to a number?

I cant exactly word what I want to achieve...

Here's my scenario.
1. I dial in... (lets say my callcentric sip is registered to sipsorcery)
2. sipsorcery takes my call and gives me another dial tone...
3. allows me to dial a number using sipsorcery gv callback /or/ depending on the dialplan routes my call.

I hope i made it clearer.

Feedbacks or a solution would be great. :)

Thanks!

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible? Dial in to sipsorcery to dial out...

Post by Aaron » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:33 am

You can't do it with sipsorcery alone since it does not provide any media services. However you can do it in conjunction with a service like Tropo and a few users have done so. There are a few threads around on how to do it, here's one viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3608&p=19779&hilit=tropo#p19779.

Forere

Post by Forere » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Is it possible to do it with PBXes.com? I know you can register a DID on PBXes and set up an inbound route such that it acts as a callthru. What I don't know how to do is to set the SS dialplan so as to access that DID directly.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:38 am

Do you mean can sipsorcery do DISA (where you call into the system get a dialtone, enter another number on the keypad and then have a call placed to that number)? The answer is that no it can't by itself. You can do it in conjunction with a 3rd party system such as tropo.com as described here http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/TropoCallback.

Forere

Post by Forere » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:53 pm

Not quite. I have a PBXes account with Localphone registered as a trunk. Using PBXes' callthru function I can dial in, enter a PIN and be returned Localphone dialtone. I was wondering if I could substitute SS dialphone in this case, giving me access to my SS dialplan. It's probably academic anyway since for all practical purposes Localphone is as cheap as I'm going to get for international calls.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:21 am

No you won't be able to do that, sipsorcery cannot provide dial tone. It's a SIP signalling only service and dial tone requires media processing.

emoci

Post by emoci » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:43 pm

It is possible to add SipSorcery as a trunk to PBXes ... and use PBXes to perform callthru using SipSorcery (the dialtone given by PBXes simply indicates that you can dial out... it has nothing to do with the trunk the calls will be sent over, be it LocalPhone or VoXalot)