SS error: Unregistering sip providers automatically?

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
zaheer002
Location: Gaza concentration camp, Illegally Occupied Palestine

SS error: Unregistering sip providers automatically?

Post by zaheer002 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Sipgate appears to be down at the moment. None of my 4 DID are working. Is it down for you too?
Last edited by zaheer002 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zaheer002
Location: Gaza concentration camp, Illegally Occupied Palestine

Re: Sipgate UK: Is it down for you too?

Post by zaheer002 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Is seems that for some reason that SS had lost the registration. In the Silverlight it says "could not resolve registrar sip:sipgate.co.uk. DNS DNS response had no answers" for this provider. I then clicked on this sip provider and ticked the 'register' box and then updated it. It registered straight away. Seems like a SS error to me and I think I recall this happening in the past.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: SS error: Unregistering sip providers automatically?

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:35 am

Yes a number of registrations were disabled on Saturday or Sunday due to a DNS issue. It's very frustrating because it happens so sporadically (once every 2 or 3 months). For some reason DNS decides it can't resolve certain host names. I have made an update to the code to try and mitigate the problem and the registration agent will now keep trying for up to two days on any provider entry that has previously been able to register. That should be way more than enough to make sure a transient DNS issue doesn't result in provider registrations being disabled.