No Audio with CallWithUs

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
wilbert

No Audio with CallWithUs

Post by wilbert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Just two weeks ago I've started to suffer some audio problems with CallWithUs. I cannot certenly know which is the source of the problem as some calls have audio and some others are in complete silence.

Does anybody have the same experience?

BTW, the only suggestion I've received from CallWithUs is that if we are behind a NAT I should change Register Expiry to 120. But, CWS monitor says that my sipsorcery registration is not behind a NAT. Could you please confirm which is our present architecture?

Thanks.

Wilbert

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: No Audio with CallWithUs

Post by Aaron » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:34 pm

Your registration SIP request and also your call requests are not behind a NAT as they are coming from the sipsorcery server. However as far as the call audio (which is carried by another protocol called RTP) your traffic is behind a NAT as that travels directly from your device to your SIP provider with no sipsorcery intervention.

Changing the register expiry won't help and actually wouldn't help even for this type of audio issue even if you were registering to CWU directly. It could be that the issue is related to your NAT behaving inconsistently and accepting CWU packets some times but not other times. As a test when you get a call without audio you could reboot your router, which will reset the NAT, and try again to see if that clears the problem. Even better would be to either check for a firmware update for your router or to try a different one if you have a spare one around.

wilbert

Re: No Audio with CallWithUs

Post by wilbert » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm

You are right. We did a test connecting my Bria directly to CallWithUs and problem was exactly the same. Both cases (through SS or directly) CWS portal said that there were not NAT. It's clear that it was not able to detect NAT.

In CWU portal under VoIP Accounts setup there's an option for Proxy Audio = Auto/Always. We must use Always to avoid this audio issue.

Now, everything is working correctly.