Google Voice/IPKall Verification Call

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
hanke

Google Voice/IPKall Verification Call

Post by hanke » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Looking for some information on Google Voices verification process. I currently have an IPKall number working through SIPSocery with Google Voice and all is working EXCELLENT.

Rec'd an email from Google Voice that some of my numbers registered at Google Voice for forwarding have not been used in some time and need to be verified. One number in question is an IPKall number and when attempting to Verify the number, the verification process never completes to my termination point. When I call my IPKall number directly it terminates fine.

I have read that supposedly IPKall is blocking the Google Voice Verifcation number and thus never completes the verifcation process to my end point. How true this is, don't know!

I have registered another new IPKall number and verifcation can not be processed as well.

Not sure if anyone else has had any problems recently with Google Voice verificaton process of any IPKall number.

Thanks

hanke

Re: Google Voice/IPKall Verification Call

Post by hanke » Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:32 pm

Update...23Feb2015

I have rec'd information from IPKall support that my number in question never recorded any Google Verification attempts in the call log. They also indicated they are not blocking any call attempts from Google Verification calls or Google itself.

So it would appear Google is not allowing ( as read on the web for new Google Voice Account registrations ) that they are not allowing calls to be made to IPKall for registration of new accounts, as well as re-verifying (in my case) of an IPKall number.

So just thought I would let forum readers know.

hanke

Re: Google Voice/IPKall Verification Call

Post by hanke » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Update - 17 March 2015

Today I was able to re-verify my IPkall number I was having trouble doing so before. I even was able to add another number in my Google Account which I was also able to verify.

So, either something was not right previously with Google or things have changed.