SIPSORCERY with mobile softphone setup help

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
mail2rst

SIPSORCERY with mobile softphone setup help

Post by mail2rst » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Hello,
I have a only LTE data on my phone & I do not have voice connection so my future project is run my cell phone with data only with the help of sipsorcery & VOIP DID provider. I have to use TCP connection & use G729 Codec for reliable solution. My DID provider support G729 Codec. & I want to use sipsorcery as prime source(due to flexibility & TCP support). I am using AdoreSoftphone in my cell phone. because it is free & support G729.I have android phone(if you know better than this softphone please share with me).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... one4&hl=en

so I configure my softphone with sipsorcery like this
user id = XXXXXXX@sip.sipsorcery.com; transport=TCP
password = my password
my DID forward to sip uri = XXXXXXX@sip.sipsorcery.com; transport=TCP
my softphone registered with sipsorcery & I am able to see from sipsorcery webpage that it is connected with sipsprcery server & connection in the form of TCP (on both time when it run on Wi-Fi & LTE Data). everything is good up to this point.
now the trouble area. when I am in the Wi-Fi area system work perfect. All incoming call outgoing calls are fine.
but when I switch off Wi-Fi & system run on LTE data. when I call my VOIP DID incoming call come on softphone. when I take that call. connection established & call continue but there is no sound going in both direction. so call is continue without sound. after these steps I again switch on the WI-FI . the calls are again perfect. after Wi-Fi disconnection again system receive calls but no sound. so please help me to configure my setup for sipsorecry and mobilesoftphone. where is the problem & what is the problem here????
thanks

mail2rst

Re: SIPSORCERY with mobile softphone setup help

Post by mail2rst » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:07 pm

Hello,
One thing I notice on my sipsorcery web account on sip account page. (where sipsorcery tell the status of register sipsorcery extensions)
I have two sipsorcery sip line online. One is on home WI-FI & other on LTE data plan. The contact URI shown on that is like
I am using X,Y,Z character to mask the userid/ IP addresses.

On LTE data :
Contact URI : sip:XXXXX@XX.XXX.XX.XXX:54280;transport=TCP:ob (XX ip address for phone data provider)
Remote socket : tcp: XX.XXX.XX.XXX:54280
Proxy socket : tcp:67.222.131.ZZZ:5060

On Wi-Fi :
Contact URI : sip:XXXX@YY.YYY.YYY.YYY:5060 (YY ip address for my home WI-FI)
Remote socket : udp: YY.YYY.YY.YYY:5060
Proxy socket : udp:67.222.131.ZZZ:5060

So this port number create any difference. Please guide me. I am struck and I do not know how to proceed.

thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:55 am

More than likely NAT is the issue. In the past I have experienced mobile data networks with two levels of NAT and that can play havoc with VoIP.

The one suggestion I would have is to turn of the sipsorcery server's attempt to correct the private IP address sent by your softphone. To do that you need to specify ma=false in your dial string.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial(1234@provider[ma=false]")
You can read more about the gory details here http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/SIPAudio.

mail2rst

Post by mail2rst » Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks Aaron,
I try to put your adviced parameter [ma=false] in both incoming & outgoing dial plans. But even then sipsorcery is not working properly under mobile data connection.
I want to share my experience with you regarding these facts I notice while I am looking for solution for my requirement
• I tried Sipsorcery, callcentric & voip.ms one by one. Sipsorcery & callcentric having same behavior both are not working properly under mobile data. But voip.ms servers have no issue at all and voip.ms working properly under these circumstances.
• If I put voip.ms extension sip id in sipsorcery incoming dial plan. Means any call to sipsorcery URL forward to voip.ms sip URL. This mechanism also not working. Sipsorcery directly not able to call voip.ms sip URL in incoming plan. On the other hand callcentric able to call voip.ms URL without issue.
I am not expert and also I am not want to compare all these best voip providers. All these are best for me. I just want to share my experience with you.

thanks

DoDo

Post by DoDo » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Try Zoiper (PlayStore). Instead of that Softphone you are Using.

mail2rst

Post by mail2rst » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks DODO for your advice,
I already checked with other softphones ( CSIPSIMPLE, ZOIPER), same results one way voice connection when i am using sipsorcery under mobile data. currently i have Zoiper installed on my cell phone. and two accounts register one for VOIP.MS and one for SIPSORCERY with same settings. while i am on Rogers/Canada data network same thing happen sipsorcery one way voice connection while voip.ms work perfectly in those conditions. so some thing is different in voip.ms & sipsorcery servers infrastructure in background.
thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:39 pm

mail2rst wrote:so some thing is different in voip.ms & sipsorcery servers infrastructure in background.
The difference between sipsorcery and almost all other SIP services is that the sipsorcery service does not proxy the media. This means that the audio and/or video traffic will always be directly between the SIP devices. Most other SIP services do proxy media so that they can overcome precisely the type of problem you are now having.

The downside of proxying media is that it sometimes introduces additional latency or quality problems.

In your case it sounds like it would be worth using voipms or similar as your primary provider to overcome the NAT situation on your mobile data connections.

mail2rst

Post by mail2rst » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:55 pm

thanks

DoDo

Post by DoDo » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:21 am

Now Try what gkrawiec Did on this Post
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5568
Probably it will help you to Solve your problem.

mail2rst

Post by mail2rst » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Thanks DODO & Aaron