Passing/override callerid number in SIP URI format

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
mail2rst

Passing/override callerid number in SIP URI format

Post by mail2rst » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:49 pm

Hi,
I have two VOIP DID from anveodirect & one virtual number from voip.ms & two extension from voip.ms which configured to my two sip devices. My requirement is each anveo direct ring my different voip.ms extension. I donot want to buy two virtual numbers from voip.ms , In voip.ms I have ability to filter the call according to caller id come from incoming calls. in anveo direct I have ability to forward call to any sip URL. So is there is way I can send / override caller id with specific number in standard sip format. i do not mind if incoming call shows me wrong caller id on my sip device.
Like in sipsorecry we can do this easily by

Sipsorcery 1>>>
Sys.dial(“XXXXX@voip.ms[fu=9876543210]”)

Sipsorcery 2>>>
Sys.dial(“XXXX@voip.ms[fu=1234567890]”)

So sipsorcery1@sip.sipsorcery.com & sipsorcery2@sip.sipsorcery.com bring me at different extension through voip.ms caller id filters as caller id different.

Is there is any standard way we can pass/cover/override caller id parameters in standard sip URL? In anveo direct I can just write SIP URL. So if I am able to make two different SIP url with different incoming caller id I will reached to different extension of voip.ms.

for my knowledge what parameter we can able to add in standard SIP url.
Is sip URL is only
user@ipadress:port
or something extra.
In background it is passing caller id also. is there is way to alter that hidden incoming caller id.

is this function [fu=9876543210] belongs to sipsorcery or it is part of standard sip URL?
thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Passing/override callerid number in SIP URI format

Post by Aaron » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:52 am

Is there is any standard way we can pass/cover/override caller id parameters in standard sip URL? In anveo direct I can just write SIP URL. So if I am able to make two different SIP url with different incoming caller id I will reached to different extension of voip.ms.
You'd have to ask voip.ms but in my experience when it comes to caller ID being passed through to the PSTN most SIP providers provide minimal to zero support. It's a very problematic area due to the difficulty making sure people only set the caller ID to numbers they are entitled to use. From a technical point of view it's trivial to set the caller ID to any arbitrary number when the call goes out onto the PSTN but when abuse happens the big telcos get very knarky and are likely just to cut off the gateways of smaller providers.

As far as tweaking the parameters in the SIP URI to set caller ID the answer is that it's easy to do with sipsorcery or anveo dialplans but it all depends on what the destination SIP provider supports. Most likely they will just ignore additional SIP parameters in the URI.

There have been attempts to standardise callerID in the SIP World with the use of headers like P-Asserted-Identity but none have gained widespread support.

Flip

Post by Flip » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:10 am

Yes, I wish you could over-ride and over-stamp the caller ID on a call.
Even if you verified your CLID with each VSP, and THEN could choose the CLID used, via [fu=xxx]
Then you could choose prefixes for calls to add {EXTEN:3)@VSP[fu=xxxxx] etc, depending on the prefix used.

I'm sure if we put enough pressure on the VSPs around, they will AT LEAST allow us to over-stamp verified CLID...

Cheers
ISP: Southern Phone ADSL2+ $55 Bundle. 22.4/1.2Mbps, GB Bundle [Telstra].
VSP: SIPTalk¹, Symbio² & MyNetFone³ via SIPSorcery Cloud PBX. [Warning! Avoid DIDLogic!!! Beware!!]
H/W: Asus RT-AC86U; Cisco SPA232D, 2 x SPA901's, SPA3102; Yealink SIP-T46G.

mail2rst

Post by mail2rst » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:03 pm

thanks