I am having massive troubles getting SIP Sorcery to work on a client network running a 20/20Mbit link via a Cisco 1921 router on a Cisco SPA901. Unable to get the unlocked MyNetFone SPA52x phones to even work so using the SPA901 to do a demo.
Registration is okay and shows the account on-line at SS. However you pick-up the handset and dial and it does nothing and plays an error tone (reorder? I forget). Inbound calls and outbound calls fail. However, I was able to make a couple test calls immediately after rebooting the device.
Could you please review the logs for the SS account starting with 'pdla.....' and whether you can see if the errors are occurring after it gains access or communicates with the SS network, or before?
Perhaps there is already a solution that is relevant on the forums?
Configuration inc. tested/changed etc:
- NAT Mapping off
- NAT keep-alive on
- NAT Keep Alive Intvl = 9
- RTP Port Min 10000
- RTP Port Max 65535
- RTP Packet Size 0.020 / 20ms
- Tried both SS server I.P. and NS
- Tried Ports 5060, 5061, 5069, 5062...
- Tried AUTH ID on/off
- Tried Symmetric RTP on/off
- Tried Handle VIA received on/off
- Tried Handle VIA rport on/off
- Tried Insert VIA received on/off
- Tried Insert VIA rport on/off
- Tried STUN (stun.ColouredLines.com.au:3478)
- Tried DHCP / Static I.P. addressing
- Tried Manual / DHCP DNS and I.P. (both ISP's and external)
- Exteranal I.P. setting
- Send to source port: on