local phonebook for incoming call or Google phone book integration

Share your views, news, tips and articles about VoIP
mail2rst

local phonebook for incoming call or Google phone book integration

Post by mail2rst » Mon May 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Sipsorcery is very good, I enjoyed it more then 7 years. Its capabilities are unlimited. Each time I learn something new with using Sipsorcery. Now I want to Sipsorcery to use as main incoming call handler for my home phone. As in Sipsorcery there is not any phone book type of feature. For getting callers name information (CNAM feature). I have paid option through “www.calleridservice.com” to mixed with Sipsorcery dial plan like that-
===========================================================================

CNAM_User = 'YOUR_USER_NAME'
CNAM_Key = 'YOUR_AUTH_KEY'

sys.Trace = false
sys.Log("Log message from default dialplan.")

if sys.In

# Get caller ID
name = req.Header.from.FromURI.User.to_s

if defined?(CNAM_Key) && name =~ /^1?([2-9]\d\d[2-9]\d{6})$/
url = "http://cnam.calleridservice.com/query?u ... l&n=#{name}"
cnam = sys.WebGet(url,4).to_s
sys.SetFromHeader(cnam || name, nil, nil)
end

# CONTINUE INBOUND ROUTING HERE

else

# HANDLE OUTBOUND DIALING HERE

End
======================================================================================

So my question is there any free version of that thing available? Basically I donot need CNAM feature, I need local way that sipsorcery check incoming caller’s number in my local phone book & if its matched then the my phone/hardware shows that callers name along with number in caller id. Same way as callcentric & voip.ms phone book doing.
Now question arises where I have to put that phone number/name data in the form of database. What is the best way to perform that? Is it better I will start putting phone book fields in Sipsorcery dialplan with CASE () function or more clean way put database somewhere else and use Sipsorcery sys.WebGet() function to fetch the data. I am sipsorcery free user & in by no mean I want to make Sipsorcery admin unhappy with me due to adding more & more complexity in dialplan. It will be very good feature if Sipsorcery integrated with google phone book directly. Or in Sipsorcery recipe there should way mention to link google phonebook with sipsorcery incoming plan.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: local phonebook for incoming call or Google phone book integration

Post by Aaron » Tue May 09, 2017 4:18 am

There are dialplan functions that allow you to store simple key-value pairs in the sipsorcery database http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help ... s#Database. But they aren't available for the Free service level so won't help you.

There are undoubtedly ways you could replace the CNAM service with a different lookup service, for example Amazon's AWS SimpleDB, but sooner or later it will either cost you something or even worse it will be free and you'll end up losing your data.

mail2rst

Re: local phonebook for incoming call or Google phone book integration

Post by mail2rst » Tue May 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Thanks Aaron for your quick reply & advice,
I am going to drop that idea to see callers name, I will live by default number display.

Thanks, But Sipsorcery is endless perfect service