Which PBX do you recommend: MSS, 3CX, Axon, PiaF, Elastix

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
beaver

Re: Which PBX do you recommend: MSS, 3CX, Axon, PiaF, Elasti

Post by beaver » Tue May 18, 2010 7:40 pm

I have tried 3CX and also read the posts by BigTex in dsl forums (last Dec.).
One thing I am not clear. On your PBX server, how do you use the google voice call-back? Do you run a script (in Perl, C++, Ruby...)? or simply use sipsorcery. I read someone developed a script in Perl.
If you use sipsorcery, then its reliability is still an issue. maybe running a local sipsorcery is a better fix.
if not, how do you use the google voice call-back?

I could setup a pbx box home then lump all VSPs on it. But it will still have the known issues.

zaheer002
Location: Gaza concentration camp, Illegally Occupied Palestine

Post by zaheer002 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:42 pm

can't really help you here as I'm in the UK so never use GV

BigTex

Post by BigTex » Tue May 18, 2010 9:01 pm

I don't use GV. I use Vitelity and I'm happy with the service provided. Sorry I can't help with the GV question.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:22 pm

If the PBX by default stays in the media path, then that means it won't scale. If I wanted to set up lots of people for LCR, what kind of system would be good?
How much traffic can SS handle on one server? Or is there some good system out there that is reliable, scales, and has billing built it?
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:03 am

OK, no takers..
Update on my research:
what I see is freeswitch is a rewritten asterisk, by people who got disgusted with asterisk's lack of scalibility and crashing.
FreePBX 3 will natively support either freeswitch or asterisk as the backend. Some other software is forking their backend to work with major pbx systems.
Fusion pbx and wiki pbx are both gui's for freeswitch.

I found a script for GV on freeswitch, but I haven't tried it yet:
http://olegh.ath.cx:5701/fs/gvfs.html
xml dialplan may also be needed: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r233509 ... FreeSWITCH
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

johnnystrauss77

Post by johnnystrauss77 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:56 am

I want to suggest you to do some research on the subject because in these type of pbx system mainly broken links or random connectivity always occur but if you have a good company who can solve it on the spot than it’s worth to spend your money. May I suggest you this pbx systems company which I am using since 6 month and I am pretty satisfied by their services.

VoIP System

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 am

johnnystrauss77 wrote:I want to suggest you to do some research on the subject because in these type of pbx system mainly broken links or random connectivity always occur but if you have a good company who can solve it on the spot than it’s worth to spend your money. May I suggest you this pbx systems company which I am using since 6 month and I am pretty satisfied by their services.

VoIP System
Nicely disguised spam.
Broken links in a PBX?

zaheer002

Post by zaheer002 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:23 pm

I'm a longer time user of SS and before that MSS. I have set up a Trixbox install on a VPS that I no longer need. It may interest some of you who want to play about with it, especially the ones that want FREE betamax calls. I have 9 months remaining which I will sell for £25. After that you just pay £25/year to TheUKCloud who provide the server if you want to continue using it. See the link below:-

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3935&p=21447#p21447

zaheer002

Post by zaheer002 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:45 am