Local Version in Firefox Problem

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
az1324

Local Version in Firefox Problem

Post by az1324 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:15 pm

I can't access the web app with Firefox when running the local version. It prompts me to save the file instead of loading it. MIME configuration problem? Tried on two computers with Firefox 3.0 & 3.5. It works fine in IE 6 and IE 8.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:11 am

I get the same thing. Probably a HTTP Content-Type problem. The local version server up web pages using Microsoft's WCF ServiceHost unlike sipsorcery.com which use a proper IIS web server.

Regards,

Aaron

doohickey

Post by doohickey » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Hello az1324,

If you found a clean solution for this problem, please post it, otherwise the following is something of a kludge.

Install the Open in Browser add-on for Firefox. Now, when you access SIPSorcery locally and Firefox displays the What should Firefox do with this file? popup window, select Web page in the Open in browser as popdown menu and you're good to go.

The only drawback is the add-on doesn't remember your choice, so you'll have to do this each time you access the page, but it does offer some freedom from IE.

mxnerd

Post by mxnerd » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:41 pm

same here.

I solved it using IE Tab add-on for Firefox.
Last edited by mxnerd on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jainpj

Post by jainpj » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:04 am

There is another workaround that I use and it works on firefox and chrome (should work on all browsers), but may not be attractive for all as it involves installing IIS.

So install IIS and add the local SS directory as a virtual directory.

Hate an url like http:\\www.mylocalss.com\sipsorcery\sipsorcery.html, you can convert this to http:\\www.mylocalss.com by following the steps below if you are using IIS7 (Vista has IIS 7).
1) Change default website on the IIS to use port 8085 (or some other port).
2) Create new website SIPSorcery at port 80, set physical pah to the install folder of the local SS (e.g. C:\Program Files\sipsorcery)
3) Set sipsorcery.html in the install folder of local SS as the default document.
4) Don't forget to grant read permission to the user IIS_IUSRS on the local SS install folder through windows explorer.