Google Voice dial via Gizmo5 no longer work [patched]

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
briangnyc

Local & GV Working Sort of.......

Post by briangnyc » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm

I was able to get SS Local & GV calls working....but only with phone types other than Gizmo "7". When I try to complete a call with Gizmo I get a recording on the call back that says User is not available (this may be something with my Gizmo account but I don't think so). If I use Sipgate as the callback number and "2" as phone type (I have it set as a work #) it works.
You will need to apply patch 4584 http://sipsorcery.codeplex.com/SourceCo ... hList.aspx

I am using software on my cell phone but for someone using an ATA it may present a problem as I will explain.
This is the dial plan I am using:
when /^1/ then sys.GoogleVoiceCall('GVlogin@gmail.com','GV Password','Sipgate_tel#',"#{req.URI.User}",".*"
,"2")
The phone type (above as "2" has to be entered with the quote marks
If you do not add the phone type it will default to type 2 and forward to whatever number you have on the Google Voice website as "Work Phone" Do not add a timeout at the end (,30 or whatever) as it will cause an argument error when you try to dial out (to many arguments 7 for 6) I assume a patch needs to be made to allow for 7 arguments although I don't know anything about how that works.

Now for the problem if you are using an ATA. Once you place the call, you will have to hangup and wait for the callback. In my case, my software (sipdroid) hangs up after the call is initialized and calls me back so it doesn't make a difference for me. I guess if you are using an ATA, this means you have to physically hang up (unless using a softphone) the phone and wait for a callback.
I don't know if being able to add the time out at the end of the plan would fix this but if you try and add the timeout it kills the ability to make a call.
Hopefully someone has the expertise to make this all better.

Update to this post: I was able to get Gizmo calls working. Problem was external to Sipsorcery/Dial Plan. The hang up and call back still stands though.

jainpj

Post by jainpj » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Can you please excplain, how did you manage to callback on Gizmo. As I can make callbak to Gizmo through the google voice web but not through the local version. I have patched my local version

briangnyc

Post by briangnyc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:34 am

jainpj wrote:Can you please excplain, how did you manage to callback on Gizmo. As I can make callbak to Gizmo through the google voice web but not through the local version. I have patched my local version
sys.GoogleVoiceCall('GVlogin@gmail.com','GV Password','Gizmo_Number',"#{req.URI.User}",".*"
,"7")

Above is what I use for Gizmo callback. Add your GV Login info and your gizmo number. Works fine for me on local and Sipsorcery.com.

jainpj

Post by jainpj » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:49 am

Thanks a lot.

I also got the Google Voice Callback on Giozmo working. Also I managed to get it working without having to hangup. I think the patch 4584 by fixup is good, but it did not include another dll (SIPSorcery.SIP.App.DLL), which is also built when the two source files are changed.

I can now make calls and receive callback on Gizmo without having to hangup using Patch 4691.

For more info see this thread.

rajnrg

Post by rajnrg » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:00 pm

Does anyone use Sipgate and got SS working locally with (v1.1 + patch 4691)? I am getting "Google Voice Call timed out waiting for callback." error. Earlier, I had to hardcode phoneType=2 in the 'callData' string in GoogleVoiceCall.cs src, as phoneType variable in fact getting value '__name__' in stead of '2' which is passed via dial-plan sys.GoogleVoiceCall and was throwing '500 Internal error'. This got fixed by hardcoding phoneType value. But, I am still getting the timed out error. Does anyone have similar issue with SS(local) with Sipgate?

jainpj

Post by jainpj » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:46 pm

rajnrg wrote:Does anyone use Sipgate and got SS working locally with (v1.1 + patch 4691)? I am getting "Google Voice Call timed out waiting for callback." error.
If you are timing out waiting for the callback, then I suggest that you check if you can receive your google voice calls via SIPGate. If that is successful then try google voice's web call back.

rajnrg

Post by rajnrg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:29 am

jainpj wrote:
rajnrg wrote:Does anyone use Sipgate and got SS working locally with (v1.1 + patch 4691)? I am getting "Google Voice Call timed out waiting for callback." error.
If you are timing out waiting for the callback, then I suggest that you check if you can receive your google voice calls via SIPGate. If that is successful then try google voice's web call back.
I tried both. Sipgate does receive GV call. But, when I try to web-call-back using GV, though Sipgate receive the call (and gets missed), local Sipsorcery gets timedout waiting for call back. I really don't get what's going on. Any help is appreciated!

jvwelzen

Post by jvwelzen » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Sorry I don't have sipgate as I am in the netherlands so I can't test it Ipkall is working fine for me

One thing I do have when I downgraded to version (v1.1 + patch 4691)

That I have alot more problems with the long running dailplanscript problem

Maybe It has something to do with

Increase limit on WCF messages to 1MB

or

Modified Registrar and Registration Agent to use direct SQL queries.

I managed to get google voice working on source 30224 but then I get problems with my speeddial table

If someone managed to get it working on a higer source I would really want to know how

Thanks in advance

jainpj

Post by jainpj » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:39 pm

rajnrg wrote:I tried both. Sipgate does receive GV call. But, when I try to web-call-back using GV, though Sipgate receive the call (and gets missed), local Sipsorcery gets timedout waiting for call back. I really don't get what's going on. Any help is appreciated!
Very strange, as I found a missing dll in the origibnal patch by fixup and when I rebuilt every thing to created patch 4491, it solved the issue of not able to match the callback.
What's your dialplan like? it should be of the format:
  • sys.GoogleVoiceCall("gv userid", "gv password", "callback number", "us number to dial", "gv number", "callback number phone type")
    sys.GoogleVoiceCall("johnsmith@gmail.com", "xxxxx", "1747xxxxxxx", "1xxxxxxxxxx", "805xxxxxxx", "7")
Also check that what is the caller id on the callback from sip gate. It shall be your gv number. If its not that may be sipgate is messing around with the caller id. In this case change the dial plan to
  • sys.GoogleVoiceCall("gv userid", "gv password", "callback number", "us number to dial", "caller id received", "callback number phone type")
    sys.GoogleVoiceCall("johnsmith@gmail.com", "xxxxx", "1747xxxxxxx", "1xxxxxxxxxx", "xxxxxxxxxx", "7")

Nelson28

Re: Google Voice dial via Gizmo5 no longer work [patched]

Post by Nelson28 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:27 am

Ok, here's a little more information. I found the IP address by forwarding GV to my Gizmo number. When I called my GV number from my cell phone, the logs showed the call as MyCellNumber@IPAddress. I noticed that a couple of the via statements also used MyGizmoNumber@IPAddress (this is from memory, so details may be slightly off). Putting 2 and 2 together, I tried "dialing" MyGVNumber@IPAddress using a speed dial setting on my adapter, and it worked to get me in to my GV number.

For those who don't want to look this up themselves, IPAddress was 216.239.37.15:5061. Yours may be use a different server, however.

To this point, I have not been able to get in using a direct URI connection from my adapter or a soft phone. The logs show a connection, but then an immediate "BYE" from GV. So I'm guessing GV will accept connections only from SIP proxy servers. However, I have made this work using several free SIP proxy servers, including pbxes, Callcentric, and Gizmo. Pbxes requires that telephone extensions be named with a format that includes alpha characters, so GV does not recognize the telephone number and treats it as "unknown." Both Gizmo and Callcentric use numeric usernames, however, and these are recognized as 10-digit numeric telephone numbers which you can name and put in your contact list. When a call comes in from one of these numbers, and if it is in your contact list, the caller is announced just like any other caller. Interestingly, the Gizmo number looks identical to the number of the Gizmo "ring-to" phone, but is treated as a different phone. I don't believe you can use the "Call" button to call one of these SIP numbers.

It was quite easy to forward my Gizmo number to my adapter, and to set my adapter to register with Gizmo. I set GV to ring the phone connected to that adapter, and turned off call presentation and screening for the "contact" connected to the SIP number for that adapter. Using speed dial, I can call into my GV number, press "*2 PIN" while it is ringing, and then dial out to US numbers for free. The speed dial on my adapter is not flexible enough to include pauses and other characters, but I'm certain that this could be done using a more powerful adapter. And of course a dial plan using asterix could make the dialing process identical to using a normal telephone for outbound calls.

If Google allows these SIP connections to continue, I would seriously think about giving up other telephone services. Between its features and its free US calling, GV appears to be a pretty complete substitute.