Problems with Google Voice + IPKall + Sipsorcery

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
MikeTelis

Re: Problems with Google Voice + IPKall + Sipsorcery

Post by MikeTelis » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:24 am

I'm out of ideas. rnr_se is a key returned by Google upon successful login; if it's missing it means that Sipsorcery server couldn't login to your GV account using provided login/password pair. That's all I can say.

adh

Post by adh » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:35 pm

MikeTelis wrote:I'm out of ideas. rnr_se is a key returned by Google upon successful login; if it's missing it means that Sipsorcery server couldn't login to your GV account using provided login/password pair. That's all I can say.

thank u sir

my gv account was created with yahoo account with the help of your information i created a new gv account with gmail id and its working with softphone and voip hardware device .softphone quality is good but voip device quality noisy and breaking . m using wimax modem with voip port .i checked here its due to stun setting i dont know what is stun setting for zyxel wimax modem

thanx a lot

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:57 pm

adh wrote:my gv account was created with yahoo account with the help of your information i created a new gv account with gmail id and its working with softphone and voip hardware device .softphone quality is good but voip device quality noisy and breaking . m using wimax modem with voip port .i checked here its due to stun setting i dont know what is stun setting for zyxel wimax modem
I knew it was login issue!

As to the voice quality, I doubt it has something to do with STUN because the symptoms would be different. Problems with NAT mapping typically lead to no audio or 1-way audio but not stuttering, clipping etc.

Most probably it's related to the quality of your Wimax connection. If you're using the same connection (over Wimax) for softphone, then the problem must be in codec. I would suggest forcing G.729 in VoIP part of your ZyXEL modem (if that possible) and using Voxalot as a protocol converter. That is, your ZyXEL is registered to a free (basic) Voxalot account and Sipsorcery is your VoIP provider, from Voxalot's point of view. When you place a call, it goes to Voxalot and from there relayed to Sipsorcery; Voxalot will convert (if necessary) bandwidth-greedy G.711 into thrifty G.729.