Local install missing the provision.svc

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
jay75

Local install missing the provision.svc

Post by jay75 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:03 pm

Hello all,
I dowloaded the local version and was playing with it, followed the instruction, edited the xml file, and started the service. when the site loaded in IE it was pointing to localhost://....:8080/provisining.svc which i don't have.
where do i get it and how do i configure it...

Thank you for your help.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Local install missing the provision.svc

Post by Aaron » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 am

If you're attempting to connect to the service hosted by the sipsorcery-appsvr.exe process the provisioning.svc file is not needed, the process knows how to handle the request for that file without needing the physical file.

If you're attempting to host the provisioning service in IIS then it need to contain a single line of:

Code: Select all

<% @ServiceHost Service="SIPSorcery.Web.Services.SIPProvisioningWebService" %>

jay75

Post by jay75 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:13 am

Thank you Aaeon for the fast reply, i got it working after downloading the latest files and following some of the guides on the internet... i will try to put the step that i went through to get to work since the documentation are missing few important steps.

so now the consol tart fines and my sip client registered ok and binds, but the providers do not bind... also if i try to make a call nothing happens, the event * shows no activity but event Full shows the sumber i'm trying to dial and that;s about it.. i'm wondering what did i miss....?

i got the latest sipsorcery.axp file and the used the proxyscriptolocal.py after i renamed it to proxyscrip.py updated the IP to match my local/private one in that file, did the domains xml...

could you please help.

thanks,

jay75

Post by jay75 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:18 am

OK,
I was having trouble trying to run the newwest build after compiling it... i believe it is due to not having the updated proxyscript.py...????

everything strats fine but no calls go through and no binding... Aaron do you checkin the proxyscript regularly???

so i decided to get back to the stable version and ran it, and everything worked fine. tried the service as well and it worked fine.. with one minor change in the -app.config updated the value=xmlConfig to point to the C:\temp\sipsorcery\XmlConfig since the serivce lives in system32 so it looks there and can't find it...

that's about it... now i'm trying to fight with the firewall to get it to place a call correctly.

Thanks guys.