Provider registration times out, console error messages.

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
713lucid

Provider registration times out, console error messages.

Post by 713lucid » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:10 am

Hello,

I have previously set up sipsorcery 1.1 with few problems on this server, and 1.2 is giving me a big one. In the console, I get these messages:

Code: Select all

No call dispatcher file specified for SIP Proxy.
Exception SIPProxyDispatcher StartService. Service 'SIPSorcery.Servers.SIPProxyD
ispatcher' has zero application (non-infrastructure) endpoints. This might be be
cause no configuration file was found for your application, or because no servic
e element matching the service name could be found in the configuration file, or
 because no endpoints were defined in the service element.
Compiling IronPython script file from C:\ss2\sipsorcery-1.2\proxyscript.py.
SIPUDPChannel listener created 127.0.0.1:9001.
NATKeepAlive Relay instantiated on 127.0.0.1:9001.
SIP Proxy daemon successfully started.
SIPUDPChannel socket on udp:127.0.0.1:9001 listening started.
SIPMonitorDaemon starting...
The SIP Monitor Server was successfully started, loopback port 10001.
Exception starting internal notifications TCP hosted service. Service 'SIPSorcer
y.Web.Services.SIPMonitorClientManagerHost' has zero application (non-infrastruc
ture) endpoints. This might be because no configuration file was found for your
application, or because no service element matching the service name could be fo
und in the configuration file, or because no endpoints were defined in the servi
ce element.
I have no idea how to troubleshoot those exceptions, and a google search turns up info for developers.

The end result of this (I'm guessing) is that none of the provider registrations go through -- they always time out.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Nebukadnezar

Re: Provider registration times out, console error messages.

Post by Nebukadnezar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:51 pm

I'm willing, but I need some more info like your sipsorcery-appsvr.config settings and perhaps your proxyscript.py.

No need for private data (x'ed out)

Some general info like OS, phone, router etc is also helpful

This part:

Exception SIPProxyDispatcher StartService. Service 'SIPSorcery.Servers.SIPProxyDispatcher' has zero application (non-infrastructure) endpoints. This might be be
cause no configuration file was found for your application, or because no service element matching the service name could be found in the configuration file, or
because no endpoints were defined in the service element.
relates to the content of the file: appservers.txt in your: sipsorcery-1.2 directory

I have:

100,udp:192.168.0.5:5065
100,udp:127.0.0.1:5065
in it.

713lucid

Post by 713lucid » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Router I am sure you can rule out -- it works fine with every other application. Nevertheless, it's a Linksys BEFSR41. Phone also doesn't matter, it does not come into play yet.

the config file and proxy file are unchanged, default values. These are messages I get right after unzipping sipsorcery 1.2 (and after modifying the sipdomains xml file)

There is no appservers.txt in the directory.

Nebukadnezar

Post by Nebukadnezar » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:03 pm

When you insert a new provider, one of the fields that needs to be filled is: Register Contact. This field should point to the machine that runs the server. Furthermore this piece of information is forwarded to your sip provider and they try to reach your system by it. Example 123account@sipserver.com ('123account' should be an account created on your server and 'sipserver.com' should be publicly accesible by your provider.
If your server is behind a (NAT) router/firewall then it will need to be configured so that your provider can have access to your (local) sipsorcery.

PublicIP->Router->nat(IP:5060) translation to local IP.

Just thinking; I can't replicate this on my machine.

713lucid

Post by 713lucid » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Nebukadnezar wrote:When you insert a new provider, one of the fields that needs to be filled is: Register Contact. This field should point to the machine that runs the server. Furthermore this piece of information is forwarded to your sip provider and they try to reach your system by it. Example 123account@sipserver.com ('123account' should be an account created on your server and 'sipserver.com' should be publicly accesible by your provider.
If your server is behind a (NAT) router/firewall then it will need to be configured so that your provider can have access to your (local) sipsorcery.

PublicIP->Router->nat(IP:5060) translation to local IP.

Just thinking; I can't replicate this on my machine.
Yeah I know. All of that is fine, it was set up and working before. It looks like something to to with .NET, but I am not able to reinstall it on the server since too many programs use it. Oh well.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:20 am

DId you update your sipsorcery-appsvr.config.exe file when you moved to 1.2? If you attempted to use your old v1.1 config file with the v1.2 code you'll have problems.

The exceptions you're getting are relating to the sipsorcery process trying to start up a couple of WCF service end points (web services). The two you've listed errors for aren't critical and your sipsorcery server should be able to keep running without them.

713lucid

Post by 713lucid » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 am

Aaron wrote:DId you update your sipsorcery-appsvr.config.exe file when you moved to 1.2? If you attempted to use your old v1.1 config file with the v1.2 code you'll have problems.

The exceptions you're getting are relating to the sipsorcery process trying to start up a couple of WCF service end points (web services). The two you've listed errors for aren't critical and your sipsorcery server should be able to keep running without them.
No, I just did a couple of hours of troubleshooting though. I tried from scratch on my W7 machine. Registered! Tried again on a different windows 2003 server. Same thing, no registration.

Tried once more from scratch on the original 2003 server machine. No registration.

To be sure, I copied the whole sipsorcery directory to my W7 machine from the original nonworking server. It registered.

So at this point it looks like there's some sort of conflict with registration among server 2003 machines and sipsorcery. The exceptions I noted first are not the culprit -- I got those on my W7 machine as well and it worked just fine. Very strange that it fails on 2 different servers. The original one did work with 1.1, but it does no longer. All registrations time out.

"ra: Registration timed out for 713lucid and provider sipgate registering to udp:
204.155.28.10:5060, next attempt in 300s."

this happens for whatever provider I try. What ports need to be forwarded other than TCP and UDP 5060?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:33 am

The sipsorcery.com server is running on top of Windows 2003 so there is no incompatability there.

Are you updating the proxyscript.py file at all? You may not need to but just open it up and mkae sure there are no hard coded private IP addresses in the top section. The sipsorcery-appsvr.config.exe file also may need IP addresses updated if you are switching between machines.

Nebukadnezar

Post by Nebukadnezar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:51 am

Oops! This was completely posted on the wrong topic; Sorry
Last edited by Nebukadnezar on Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

713lucid

Post by 713lucid » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Nope, no modifications in the .config file or the python proxy script. Just to be sure, I checked those and nothing looks wrong.

Again, I can copy the exact same installation from the server to my win7 and registration magically starts to work (the rest, of course not without editing domains.xml but all I'm concerned about at this point is registration). So it has to be something on the server aside from the sipsorcery software/configuration that is blocking registration.