Registering a softphone to local ss

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
djvpuls

Registering a softphone to local ss

Post by djvpuls » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:23 am

I've gotten almost everything working on the local ss v 1.2 except that I can't get a softphone to register to the server. My gizmo and sipgate accounts register to the local ss, but I can't get my softphone to register. The server gives me the following error:
Forbidden "username"@localhost does not exist, IP:5060, Softphone name...

I'm trying to use 5061, 5050 or some other port instead... but 5060 always appears in this error message. Does anyone know how to change it... I can't use port 5060 because it messes up my working sip soft phones that use port 5060 to register with voip providers.

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Registering a softphone to local ss

Post by Aaron » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:27 am

Most likely it's because you are missing a domain alias in your config which will either be the sipdomains table if you're using a database or the sipdomains.xml file. Add another alias for the hostname you are getting back in the error message.

djvpuls

Post by djvpuls » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:42 am

So I tried that I added localhost, and localhost:5060 to the sipdomains.xml file and to the bindings in iis, but I get the same error after I start sipsorcery-appsvr.exe -c and try to register my soft phone. I've attached the output with some changed ip addresses and names, but I bet the solution is simple, I'm just not seeing it... It does say in some places that "no configuration file was found", but these configuration files probably aren't needed.
Attachments
myCMDsipsorcery.zip
sipsorcery-appsvr.exe -c output
(2.52 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 am

In your sipaccounts.xml do you have a SIP account with a username of "mine" and a sipdomain of "localhost"?

djvpuls

Post by djvpuls » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:19 am

Yup, that was it, my softphone now registers.... I changed <sipdomain>sipsorcery.mine.com</sipdomain> to <sipdomain>localhost</sipdomain>.... I think that when I first set it up I was changing everything to my domain name. Woops, that gave me a couple hours of havoc. Thanks for saving me a lot of time.

djvpuls

Post by djvpuls » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:24 pm

My softphone connects, but I can't get any incoming or outgoing calls using google voice. It initiates the google voice program, logs in and dials the number, but it never connects before it times out. This is probably because I can't get any incoming calls, so I tried to open all the ports that I could, and I tried disabling my firewalls (on the router and in windows), but still no incoming calls through gizmo.
When I have my sipsorcery.com account registered on one softphone and my local ss registered on a different softphone and I try to dial a number on my local ss softphone, the google voice initiates a call that is picked up by the sipsorcery.com registered softphone (so I know that the google voice feature is working).I tried setting everything back to port 5060, but my softphone wouldn't register on that port. I've forwarded the ports through my NAT, but are there some settings that I am missing?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:56 am

Two thing you can check:

- Make sure you are registering with your gizmo account only from your local sipsorcery instance and not the sipsorcery.com one,
- In you local sipsorcery Gizmo config check the Register Contact setting and make sure the host name portion is your local public IP address and not "sipsorcery.com".