Remotely adding SIP domains thru GUI

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
dfowell

Remotely adding SIP domains thru GUI

Post by dfowell » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:24 pm

I've got my local SS version running (very easy to get working, nice job guys!). I've added a few additional accounts for friends. I need to add their IPs to my SIP domain list correct? I'm out of state and can't remote into my server, besides accessing the sipsorcery portal. Is there any way to add to the XML SIP domain list thru the GUI?

If this has already been addressed by the forum or in documentation, please redirect me.

Thanks for your help!
Dan

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Remotely adding SIP domains thru GUI

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:43 am

You don't need to add any IP addresses to the sipsorcery config in order to allow clients to connect. What you may need to do is add a domain alias for your public IP address. However if any SIP account can connect from the public side then you already have that done.

dfowell

Post by dfowell » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Ah, that's probably what I'm missing. The HandyTone-286 binds properly, and can recieve incoming, but when you attempt outgoing I immeadiately get a busy signal and I see no activity on the console. This is the first time I've tried to conect a user from outside my network. Does that sound symptomatic of not having the public IP on the SIP domain list? Thanks!

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 pm

No it doesn't, if the HandyTone can register than you have the domains and aliases set up correctly. If you get an immediate disconnect on an outgoing call then I would suspect your dialplan or lackof. If you watch the console as you're placing a call it should tell you straight away what's wrong.