Hardware Requirements?

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
medfordite

Hardware Requirements?

Post by medfordite » Wed May 25, 2011 4:53 am

Sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have a list of hardware requirements for the local version?

I currently have procured the following system and am interested in testing it for home use:

AMD Athlon 1500mhz
1 GB RAM
2 NIC Cards
160GB HDD
64MB Video Card (Not essential for Server I know)

I have Windows Web Server 2008 I can install to use this with on this machine, or XP SP3.

I am guessing this would work fine, but before I proceed to install a fresh copy of Windows and use an Activation, which version would you recommend and will this work with the specs for home use?
-=-Frogs have it easy...they can eat what bugs them!-=-

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Hardware Requirements?

Post by Aaron » Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 am

The sipsorcery software is not very demanding and should run no problems on XP or greater. You will need to install the latest version of .Net (currently 4) but since that is a framework library it doesn't put any load on the system until an application runs on top of it.

I reckon Win2008 will struggle with 1GB of RAM so personally I'd go for XP but either or will be fine for sipsorcery.

zaheer002
Location: Gaza concentration camp, Illegally Occupied Palestine

Re: Hardware Requirements?

Post by zaheer002 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:07 pm

athlons consume a fair amount of power, even more than a p4. see if you can get a p2/p3 machine, it will probably even work on that