How to build the silverlight client?

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
haohaolee

How to build the silverlight client?

Post by haohaolee » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:25 am

So far I can basically run the SS on the Mono, then I want the silverlight client to work with it. At first I directly used the sipsorcery.xap from 1.2 version, and it could work to some extent, but the console functionality didn't work. I think it's because the xap is inconsistent with the code from which I built the SS server. So I decide to build silverlight client on my own.

Because I'm not familiar with silverlight programming, I have to say building silverlight client is hard, at least harder than the server part. It seems at some revision the silverlight code is not consistent with the server part. Finally I made one xap, however I found this client would always connect to https://www.sipsorcery.com/provisoning.svc, how can I change this behavior?

Thanks

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: How to build the silverlight client?

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:31 am

There are two options:

1. In the web page you are loading the Silverlight client from there should be a setting such as the one below, change the hostname to where ever you are hosting the web service (could be your sipsorcery application server),

Code: Select all

<param name="initParams" value="ServiceURL=https://aaron-pc/sipsorcery-ria/" />
2. You can update the DEFAULT_SERVICE_HOST and DEFAULT_NOTIFICATIONS_HOST in page.xaml.cs and rebuild.

haohaolee

Re: How to build the silverlight client?

Post by haohaolee » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks.

Finally got it working, although involved many hacks...

Now it seems primary functionality including silverlight client working. Comparing with running under MS .NET, the mono version is a bit slower, and I am not sure of the stability still