help with installing

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
cristina

help with installing

Post by cristina » Tue May 27, 2008 5:55 pm

Hi, Ive been following the steps given in a post for installing mysipswitch on Windows but it does not work for me. If I try to open the console, it close rightaway. When I try it as a service, I follow the steps but then when I go to my PC, manager, services and applications, Sipswitch is not there! This is what I get in the sipswitchservice.InstallLog:

Installing assembly 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\sipswitch-v0.2\sipswitch\sipswitchservice.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
assemblypath = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\sipswitch-v0.2\sipswitch\sipswitchservice.exe
logfile = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\sipswitch-v0.2\sipswitch\sipswitchservice.InstallLog
Installing service SIPSwitch...
Service SIPSwitch has been successfully installed.
Creating EventLog source SIPSwitch in log Application...
An exception occurred in the OnAfterInstall event handler of System.ServiceProcess.ServiceInstaller.
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot start service SIPSwitch on computer '.'.
The inner exception System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception was thrown with the following error message: Acceso denegado.
Rolling back assembly 'C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\sipswitch-v0.2\sipswitch\sipswitchservice.exe'.
Affected parameters are:
logtoconsole =
assemblypath = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\sipswitch-v0.2\sipswitch\sipswitchservice.exe
logfile = C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\sipswitch-v0.2\sipswitch\sipswitchservice.InstallLog
Restoring event log to previous state for source SIPSwitch.
Service SIPSwitch is being removed from the system...
Service SIPSwitch was successfully removed from the system.

There is an error and sipswitch is removed... that's why I can not find it in Service and aplications.

What can I do????

gbonnet
Site Admin

Post by gbonnet » Tue May 27, 2008 6:59 pm

"Acceso denegado", access denied ...
Do you have the admin rights on your computer ?

At some point there was a security restriction on your computer that prevented a file to be accessed or writen ...
Blueface [url=http://www.blueface.ie/]Phone[/url] Service

cristina

Post by cristina » Tue May 27, 2008 7:04 pm

I dont know... I just have Windows XP... Ive also tried in my other laptop and I had the same problem...

gbonnet
Site Admin

Post by gbonnet » Tue May 27, 2008 7:44 pm

to find out if you have admin rights :
go to :
Start : Control Panel : User accounts

Open and you should see the list of users for your computer. The one you are using should have writen underneath : administrator of the computer or somethging like that.

That's the 1st thing I would check with an error like that.
Let us know if you are still struggling.

Once you'll have solved this problem you may be intersted in : Tips to install your own My SIP Switch application.
I never encountered your issue, so it is not mentioned. I'll have to update the article once we will know the cause of your problem.

regards
Guillaume

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue May 27, 2008 9:26 pm

If I recall correctly in v0.2 the exe is a console application and not a windows service.

Regards,

Aaron

cristina

Post by cristina » Wed May 28, 2008 9:11 am

Yes, I am the administrator in the computer, so that can not be the problem... I really dont know what is wrong...

cristina

Post by cristina » Thu May 29, 2008 1:45 pm

I had the folder sipswitch in the desktop. Ive moved it to C:/ and I dont have that error anymore.

gbonnet
Site Admin

Post by gbonnet » Thu May 29, 2008 3:26 pm

cristina wrote:I had the folder sipswitch in the desktop. Ive moved it to C:/ and I dont have that error anymore.
A path issue... OK.
I'll take note of that and amend the blog article. Thanks for sharing the tip.