Google voice sip provider option

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
chris

Google voice sip provider option

Post by chris » Fri May 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Hello all,

I have installed sipsorcery-v1.2 and logged in. I'm attempting to setup google voice using the instructions found at.

Recipe: Google Voice

However when I go to Sip Providers and select Add the window that I get doesn't have the Provider Type option for google voice? It also doesn't have anything about callback numbers ect. Is this not part of the local version?

Thanks,

Chris

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Google voice sip provider option

Post by Aaron » Sat May 17, 2014 2:54 am

The ability to cofigure GV providers is only available in the Silverlight interface. You can use the sys.GoogleVoiceCall dialplan function with v1.2.

chris

Post by chris » Mon May 19, 2014 2:09 pm

Aaron,

Thanks for the response. I've seen "in the Silverlight interface" thought around and I thought that the web interface used Silverlight so therefor I was in the Silverlight interface. obviously though I am not so how does one get to that interface?

Thanks,

Chris

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Tue May 20, 2014 9:44 am

chris

Post by chris » Tue May 20, 2014 1:14 pm

ok so does the local version not have a silverlight interface? or does it have it but just not all the options like the silverlight interface on sipsorcery.com?

Thanks,

Chris

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun May 25, 2014 11:36 am

The local version can work with the Silverlight application that's in codeplex source repository however it's tricky to set up. You need an IIS web server and then on top of that the Silverlight RIA framework which can be pretty fiddly to get working.

chris

Post by chris » Wed May 28, 2014 5:10 pm

Again thanks for the reply, I am running IIS and I think I have the silverlight interface running now. I have added a basic dial plan that was written by a Mike Telis. I can call in no problem all soft phones and ata ring. When I try to call out I am getting an error:

Exception GoogleVoiceCall Login. Could not find GALX key on your google voice pre-login page, call back cannot proceed.

I'm running the version that is available at this link https://sipsorcery.codeplex.com/releases/view/40318

I thought this was the latest build but I'm not 100% sure that is true.

Thanks,

Chris

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed May 28, 2014 10:44 pm

The GALX message typically means your Google Voice account is not set up correctly. It can also happen if you have two factor authentication or application specific passwords enabled on your GV account.