Basic Overview of local version

Discussions about using SIP Sorcery on your own computer/server
IPAlarms

Basic Overview of local version

Post by IPAlarms » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:47 am

I understand the web platform model of SIP Sorcery, but I'm a little confused about how the local version can be used.

1. Does it rely in any way on the availability of the commercial SIP Sorcery servers(s), or can it run completely standalone?

2. Are there any restrictions on using the local version for commercial purposes?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Basic Overview of local version

Post by Aaron » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:20 pm

IPAlarms wrote:1. Does it rely in any way on the availability of the commercial SIP Sorcery servers(s), or can it run completely standalone?
It's completely standalone.
IPAlarms wrote:2. Are there any restrictions on using the local version for commercial purposes?
No.

The main difference between using a local version of the sipsorcery server is that you need to be able to set up a MySQL database and either an IIS web server to manage the creation of the various accounts or be happy using raw SQL statements to do it.

There are a few people who run local versions of the sipsorcery server and of course I do as well for testing.

IPAlarms

Post by IPAlarms » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:44 am

Thanks - that's great. I am a .Net software developer and have written my own VoIP platform. This is just what I have been looking for so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel for certain tasks that I'd like to implement in the future.

The version of source code that I have is from February 2010. Is there a later version available or will there be some time in the future?

I will certainly contribute any code that I think may be useful, although I'm a VB guy and you'd have to convert it.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:12 am

The source code repository is available at http://sipsorcery.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest. The solutions you'll mainly be interested in are sipsorcery-core and maybe sipsorcery-servers depending on what you're looking to do.

If you're mainly looking to add a SIP stack to your project then the easiest way is to use the sipsorcery nuget package https://www.nuget.org/packages/SIPSorcery/ (make sure to use the one with "sipsorcery" as the owner, it's the one I maintain. Current version is 1.3.1). You can install the package directly in Visual Studio using the nuget package manager exactly the same as any other package.

IPAlarms

Post by IPAlarms » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:53 am

It's good to know that this is an ongoing project. I downloaded the package and tried installing it, however, I have never installed a NuGet package before so I have to do some research to figure out exactly what went wrong during the installation. Here is the log:

PM> Install-Package SIPSorcery
Attempting to resolve dependency 'log4net (≥ 1.2.13)'.
Attempting to resolve dependency 'MySql.Data (≥ 6.6.4)'.
Attempting to resolve dependency 'Npgsql (≥ 2.0.1.0)'.
Installing 'log4net 2.0.0'.
Successfully installed 'log4net 2.0.0'.
Installing 'MySql.Data 6.7.7'.
You are downloading MySql.Data from Oracle, the license agreement to which is available at http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html. Check the package for additional dependencies, which may come with their own license agreement(s). Your use of the package and dependencies constitutes your acceptance of their license agreements. If you do not accept the license agreement(s), then delete the relevant components from your device.
Successfully installed 'MySql.Data 6.7.7'.
Installing 'Npgsql 2.0.11'.
Successfully installed 'Npgsql 2.0.11'.
Installing 'SIPSorcery 1.3.1'.
Successfully installed 'SIPSorcery 1.3.1'.
Adding 'log4net 2.0.0' to Proxy.
Successfully added 'log4net 2.0.0' to Proxy.
Adding 'MySql.Data 6.7.7' to Proxy.
Successfully added 'MySql.Data 6.7.7' to Proxy.
Adding 'Npgsql 2.0.11' to Proxy.
Successfully added 'Npgsql 2.0.11' to Proxy.
Adding 'SIPSorcery 1.3.1' to Proxy.
Uninstalling 'SIPSorcery 1.3.1'.
Successfully uninstalled 'SIPSorcery 1.3.1'.
Uninstalling 'Npgsql 2.0.11'.
Successfully uninstalled 'Npgsql 2.0.11'.
Uninstalling 'MySql.Data 6.7.7'.
Successfully uninstalled 'MySql.Data 6.7.7'.
Uninstalling 'log4net 2.0.0'.
Access to the path 'log4net.xml' is denied.
Successfully uninstalled 'log4net 2.0.0'.
Install failed. Rolling back...
Install-Package : Failed to add reference to 'System.Web'. Please make sure that it is in the Global Assembly Cache.
At line:1 char:16
+ Install-Package <<<< SIPSorcery
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Install-Package], InvalidOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NuGetCmdletUnhandledException,NuGet.PowerShell.Commands.InstallPackageCommand

I was actually hoping to stick with using XML files, but I guess it's not a big deal if MySQL is required.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am

I haven't done any work with getting the sipsorcery server to work with XML files for a long time, probably since the 2010 time frame.

For the nuget problem you could try running Visual Studio as administrator. It may be that one of the packages it trying to install something into the GAC .