SIP to SIP Calls: Is there some trick here ????

Catalog of dial plans
sirmikey1

SIP to SIP Calls: Is there some trick here ????

Post by sirmikey1 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:14 am

Hi,

Is there some trick to getting all SIP to SIP calls to work through SipSorcery?

Why am I able to call 500@us.voxalot.com and not able to call
511@darkvoip.net? Is blueface requiring authentication or blocking
certain SIP addresses?

I tried setting my outgoing dialplan to use voxalot for all SIP calls,
but it requires authentication for some calls, blocks some too. Is
there some way to make it think that I'm calling from voxalot, or to
make blueface think I'm calling from blueface (authenticate, whatever)?

Please, and Thanks in Advance...

Mikey

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Most of the time the sip registrar needs, indeed, authorisation, by a proxy settings, for the moment i stopped using SS, because i try to setup my new snom820, i now have, it could be that you somehow get into a TCP "track" and sip traffic through SS goes only through UDP.
Try your setup first without SS, if you can make a sip trace check for TCP "traces" there it goes wrong.... could be....
Different providers, different "tactics".....
with Gizmo, or Sipgate (UK) you might have more success, if you need certain services.

btw. setting up a call as a SIP-URI, could give in some cases a better result.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:31 am

Fug,
I would like the dialplan to recognize all SIP calls and send them to gizmo or sipgate with proper authentication headers. Anyone?
Mikey

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:20 pm

If you can for a certain end user, you should make use of the same provider that user uses, most accounts are free of charge if you call within that network.
Otherwise you can make use of the Sipbroker peer codes:
say i'm on/using Voxalot and want to call somebody on Callcentric, the peercode for Callcentric is *462 and i want to call user 1777123456,
You can dial on your phone *4621777123456
Sofar this should give no proxy problems, if it does, you should seek out the webpage help/support, of the provider in question for further details, of their STUN or PROXY settings, this keeps tricky to do, each provider is more or less demanding in security about this, and if you use a sipswitch service in between, then this is a extra factor when using SS, put also the siptrace commands in your dialplans, you can show these, when you're asking for help, but do edit-out any personal or private numbers you have in your plans.
Even without the use of SS it's a problem, most of the time it also comes to setting ports like 5060, or the much higher RTP ports, these you must route to the IP address of your VoIP device.
After that, when it still doesn't work, it comes down to the Proxy and STUN servers, You could also use some "general" addresses for this, read this in the older posts on Mysipswitch.

btw. to peer from a Blueface account, you must dial first *8 thats the sipbroker service, so for a Callcentric user, you dial *8*4621777123456
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:53 am

Fug,

You are correct that using SIPCodes seems to work better (more reliable) than the SIP-URI (sip address). I had considered this earlier, and this does seem to be the easiest resolve.

I do not understand why you choose the SNOM desktop phone over the Nokia E or N Series Cellular WIFI phone. Some Wifi phones will work with no cellular service plan at all.

Mikey

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:41 am

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:35 am

I don't have good experiences with voip over wifi, have used a Ipaq Messenger phone with windows mobile on it, most of the time opened apps don't close properly, and i don't like to depend on Nokia, for Navigation software.
Here in the Netherlands you don't have much legal open wifi, so that's not an option.
I'm looking for a good access number here, the only one here is from Ixcall,
this one stutters too much, to have a good connection.
For incomming i have allready Voipbuster, and Budgetphone.
So i'm going to make a construction, without the need of SS, maybe in the future when i have things under control, i might consider using SS.
Last edited by TheFug on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, The Fug.

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:48 am

Fug,
I would imagine that the new phones will have software which will eliminate the need for SS, will allow SIPSwitching and dialplans and such. The Wifi home phone would only need a wireless router.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=3Com+3108

Mikey

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:38 am

Thankyou for this tip, I now see that in this field, there are some great improvements, already have here also DECT IP, with it's own router...
I guess "a" voip phone is a first step, the thing is, once you have setup one voip provider, this phone will not automagicly work for all others too, each voip provider lives by it's own "rules" It's US telephony chaos, allover again.... :(
What i suspect is, that having your own server, somewhere..... is a solution...:(
Thanks, The Fug.

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Fug,
I find the wifi ip phones with router very inexpensive $70US. I would imagine that your recommendation for a Switch/Router would be a better choice for this application. One could use a laptop with satelite internet card to always maintain his own "secure" wifi hotspot.
MIkey