Alternating GoogleVoice accounts

Catalog of dial plans
trav

Post by trav » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

beaver wrote: btw, since 02/22/2010, SS is only accessed under IE, not under FF, which is my maim browser.
check here: http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2202

aaron tried to reduce the scrollbar within scrollbar, etc by setting width and height of the SL frame to 100%, but for some reason ff doesn't like it. ff wants a definite pixel value. i dunno much about webdesigning, so i just use IE for now ;)

beaver

Post by beaver » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:36 pm

MikeTelis wrote:n.times means that we'll make n attempts. Selection of the account (callback number in your case) for the 1st attempt is based solely on r and r is assigned current time value in seconds (random number). Thus, when it comes to callback number picked for the 1st attempt, 3.times works the same as 2.times. If your results are different, it must be just a coincidence. I observed long runs where it picked the same callback number on more than 10 occasions in a row.
Thanks Mike. I will take more test.
I realized that for this new phone system I spent more time on test than development.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

trav wrote:
beaver wrote: btw, since 02/22/2010, SS is only accessed under IE, not under FF, which is my maim browser.
check here: http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2202

aaron tried to reduce the scrollbar within scrollbar, etc by setting width and height of the SL frame to 100%, but for some reason ff doesn't like it. ff wants a definite pixel value. i dunno much about webdesigning, so i just use IE for now ;)
FireFox is now working. I hadn't noticed it failed to render the sipsorcery Silverlight app. The problem was a center tag, FireFox would not display the Silverlight plugin if it was in a HTML center tag. Pretty inexplicable but there you go.

Regards,

Aaron

beaver

Post by beaver » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:57 am

I go back to "One Google Voice" dial plan on the 1st page. Tested outbound calls 20 times. My GV has ipcomms, ipkall and sipgate.

Here is the observation: out of 20 tests,
ipcomms: 5 times
ipkall: 8 times
sipgate: 6 times

total 19 times. It happened once both sipgate and ipcomms connected. callee couldn't read CID (neither number nor name). I couldn't explain why it happened.
the 19 tests all had CID displayed properly.

I plan to use the "One Google Voice" dial plan unless the connection error occurs frequently. In that case, I will be back with "Alternating GoogleVoice accounts" dial plan.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:23 am

It happened once both sipgate and ipcomms connected. callee couldn't read CID (neither number nor name). I couldn't explain why it happened.
I think I know what you're talking about. sys.GoogleVoiceCall (GVC) initiated a call using, say, IPKall callback number. Time-out is set to 10 sec... no callback and we issue yet another GVC with SIPGate callback. GVC is waiting for callback and, unexpectedly, we receive it from IPKall. GVC intercepts this callback and you're connected to the callee. Now you receive callback from SIPGate (initiated by 2nd GVC call). nobody's waiting for it and you get it as a regular incoming call ("call waiting").

It happened to me a couple of times, too. If these things happen often, you may need to increase GVC time-out. My time-out is set to 8 sec and I'm quite happy with the results, your mileage may vary.

beaver

Post by beaver » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I see.
I will keep watching it when I use the dial plan, adjust my GVC time-out when needed (but I am thinking if you experienced the problem also. Then it's not a problem I could fix :P ).

Thanks Mike.