Check your Google Voice Mail with ATA Phone or Soft Phone

Catalog of dial plans
gvtricks

Check your Google Voice Mail with ATA Phone or Soft Phone

Post by gvtricks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:47 am

For this trick you need a dedicated Google Voice account in this case we are using GV2
Do not use 11 digits numbers for IPkall or IPcomms "I don't know why but it works better"

Just make sure you press the asterisk key on your phone while the phone is ringing, the fist ring
is usually generated by Sipsorcery.Then dial in your pin when asked and the number "1" to check
you Voice Mail.

Code: Select all

##############################################################
######## OUTBOUND CALL FROM GOOGLE VOICE & VM Check ##########
##############################################################

#Logic for routing outgoing calls.
GV1_email = "me1@gmail.com"
  GV1_pwd = "yourpass"
  GV1_nbr = "^(7865551212)"
  SIPnum1 = "6035551212" # Ipcomms DID
GV2_email = "me2@gmail.com" 
  GV2_pwd = "yourpass"
  GV2_nbr = "^(3055551212)"
  SIPnum2 = "2065551212" # IPKall DID
sys.Trace = false
case req.URI.User

############# Checking VM on your different GV accounts ##############

#Speed Dials (star+number)
#For GV Voicemail: Hold star key during call-in to stop ring & gain access

when /^\*786|7865551212/  # GV Voicemail in Miami
      sys.GoogleVoiceCall(GV2_email,GV2_pwd,SIPnum2,"7865551212",".*",1)
when /^\*619|6195551212/  # GV Voicemail in CA
      sys.GoogleVoiceCall(GV2_email,GV2_pwd,SIPnum2,"6195551212",".*",1)
when /^\*815|8155551212/  # GV voicemail in Chicago
      sys.GoogleVoiceCall(GV2_email,GV2_pwd,SIPnum2,"8155551212",".*",1)

############# Regular Google Voice Call ##############

when /^/
      sys.GoogleVoiceCall(GV1_email,GV1_pwd,SIPnum1,"#{req.URI.User}",".*",1)
sys.Log("Sorry, Google Voice Call failed.")
end
Good Luck

gvtricks

AviMarcus

Re: Check your Google Voice Mail with ATA Phone or Soft Pho

Post by AviMarcus » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:44 pm

So uh, is there any way to get to the voicemail or dial-out menu without a second google voice number or paying a VSP to call my GV number?
Help document SIP Sorcery on the wiki!
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:54 pm

In order to get to Google Voice VM menu, you need to call your GV number, period. There is no way you can circumvent this rule :-( If you don't want to pay for the call, you need to route it thru a free provider. Another GV account is one option, the other... It may be Ribbit, but someone reported here that they are not giving SIP access automatically, like it used to be, now you need to contact their support.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:18 pm

MikeTelis wrote:In order to get to Google Voice VM menu, you need to call your GV number, period. There is no way you can circumvent this rule :-( If you don't want to pay for the call, you need to route it thru a free provider. Another GV account is one option, the other... It may be Ribbit, but someone reported here that they are not giving SIP access automatically, like it used to be, now you need to contact their support.
Ah ribbit. Yeah, you have to ask for sip, but they immediately give it.
They do have an explicit fair-use policy: 2000 minutes/month, less than 4 hours a day, and only one person.
Plus, they are self-stated that it won't be free at some point.

Ah well, I need a pbx box I guess for an IVR.
If you solved an issue you were having or figured out how to do something, please share on the wiki! It will save everyone lots of time and frustration.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 pm

2000 min/mo is more than enough for VM checking (for a regular person). Yes, Ribbit will eventually start charging for calls but why don't you apply for 2nd GV account right now? There's a chance of getting GV invite before Ribbit free calls expire.

Every coin has two sides (like your mother-in-law dies but you have to pay for the funeral :-) If you want to save on calls, you need to monitor the Net and find new free opportunities. Sure, it takes time and efforts and probably isn't worth the trouble.

AviMarcus

Post by AviMarcus » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:33 pm

lol @ the mother in law reference.
I hear. I'm slightly thinking how to scale - it's for my parents, me, my two brothers (and maybe more people), and the more things to set up - especially if I know they will stop working (rather than hope it stays free like it is), are indeed probably not worth the trouble.

What I'd like to set up GV for is an international "callback", but using a different provider. GV pays for the US leg, and I'll pay for the other leg. The "problem" is I need a dtmf processor to start that call, since the user won't have internet access, and otherwise won't be able to specify who they want to call.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:35 pm

As far as I understand, you're in Israel now and your family is in the States, living in several different area codes. If this is the case, I'd suggest getting free DIDs in their area codes (probably from GV). If you can't wait for GV invitates, try buying ones (I bought a couple for 99c, but prices vary and sometimes were upto $10).

Ok, suppose you have DIDs. Now you just have to forward them to your phone using your local provider.

If you need to build a switchboard, use Tropo. However, I'd prefer to keep the things simple, it's much easier to build and (more important) to maintain.