Callcentric + GV + Sipsorcery + PAP2T Dial Plan

Catalog of dial plans
bobbydc

Callcentric + GV + Sipsorcery + PAP2T Dial Plan

Post by bobbydc » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:47 pm

First off I am extremely new to Sipsorcery. I migrated from pbxes.org (liked it but too many issues). I have searched the forum looking for a good dial plan that will fit my needs. I have tried the simple and complex plans by Mike (great work by the way) but just cannot seem to figure out one or 2 bugs. Currently here is what I am looking for:

Use a PAP2T ATA registered with Sipsorcery.
Sipsorcery is registered with Callcentric.
Sipsorcery uses a dial plan to route calls with GV.

I am wanting the ability to pick up my phone and dial a number (7 or 10 digit or toll free) and it ring through using my 1 GV account. I do not make any international calls other than Canada.

Pretty simple. Some of the errors I am getting are 7 digit dialing doesn't work or all calls GV fail and are routed through Callcentric (Sipgate is what shows up but it at least still works) or 800 toll free numbers don't dial out. I have had all combination of these errors but never where everything just works. So at last I have come to the forum to ask for assistance. If someone has a good dial plan that will work for me I would greatly appreciate the help.

On a side note I use SipDroid as well while I'm traveling out of the country. I assume I can use the same credentials as the PAP2T and calls will work the same. I have not made it this far yet but that will be the next step.

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to seeing this work.

Trimline

Re: Callcentric + GV + Sipsorcery + PAP2T Dial Plan

Post by Trimline » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:31 pm

There is a really well documented setup for GV found here : http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Ae8gl ... NjeA&hl=en

As for 7 & 10 digit dialing, that is a dial plan that should be placed on your ATA for outbound calls. I live in an area code overlay, meaning there are more than one area codes and need always dial a 10 digit number. If you look to http://www.dslreports.com/forum/voip there is a ton of info posted for 7 digit dialing.

Have fun.

bobbydc

Post by bobbydc » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks, I had actually used that guide to get as far as I have. I didn't think of using a dial plan in my ATA to handle the 7 & 10 digit issue. What I did was switch back to the simple plan by Mike. I think this offers everything I need. I created 2 dial plans, one for my ATA and the other for SipDroid. So far they are mostly working. I did have one syntax question. What does this line mean?

sys.GoogleVoiceCall GV_USER, GV_PASS, CB_NUMBER, num, '.*', CB_NUMBER =~ /^1747/ ? 7 : 1, 30

I understand the ---> sys.GoogleVoiceCall GV_USER, GV_PASS, CB_NUMBER, num, '.*', <--- But what does ---> CB_NUMBER =~ /^1747/ ? 7 : 1, 30 <---mean? I know what the CB_NUMBER is but the 1747 syntax seems to go along with Gizmo5 or something, which I am not using. I have callcentric as my provider. Was wondering if this may be causing the remaining issues I am dealing with, dropped calls as soon as the person I call answers or no audio on their end or just not connecting . It's not my internet connection. I am on a 25Mbit cable connection with 6Mbit upload. Direct callcentric calls sound as good if not better than landline calls. So do GV calls when I use the web app or the Droid app.

Thanks for the help.

reraikes

Post by reraikes » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:08 pm

bobbydc wrote:CB_NUMBER =~ /^1747/ ? 7 : 1
This is known as a conditional expression. The first part (CB_NUMBER =~ /^1747/) is the test, in this case a pattern match. The '?' is the conditional expression operator. The '7 : 1' is the values to return (7 if the test is true, 1 if the test is false). The net result is:

If CB_NUMBER begins with 1747 (a Gizmo5 number), use a value of 7, otherwise use a value of 1.

bobbydc

Post by bobbydc » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:11 pm

Got it. I took out the expression and set the values for the 1 for my phone type. Also reset my ATA to factory and it all started working quite well. I can now do exactly what I was looking to do. Thanks everyone.

bobbydc

Post by bobbydc » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:38 am

Ok, so I thought all was well. I was wrong. This worked for about a day and started acting up again. I think it is either my ATA or CallCentric not forwarding the callback to my ATA.

Here is what is going on. I place a call, looking at the console it looks fine. About 50% of the time the call will ring once or twice then I will hear the "switch" and the ring will change, knowing GV connected. The other 50% of the time it times out with a 480 error, temporarily unavailable.

I am pretty sure it is not GV because I copied the dial plan, changed the number, linked it to another user account and use SipDroid and it works fine. Call goes out, it rings my cell number (not ideal) and the call is connected. I will eventually add another number to link SipDroid to so it does not callback my cell for international purposes, but overall it just works. Calls connect almost 100% of the time.

Experimenting, I took the Complex dial plan and modified it to work with CallCentric. I get the exact same results. 50/50 at best. If I reset the ATA it will make 1 or 2 calls and then back to the unreliability. I have read every post here and tried every sugested setting change in the ATA and still no better. I have searched the web high and low and still nothing. Its not my internet connection or my router. I am on Charter cable with a 16Mb/2Mb connection. I have a Buffalo G router running DD-WRT, latest release. If I connect the ATA straight to CallCentric calls are crystal clear. I ask people and most say I sound better than on a traditional land-line. I'm out of ideas here.

Please help. Thanks all.

bobbydc

Post by bobbydc » Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:40 am

By the way, for my usage I do not need the Complex dial plan. I am just looking to have my ATA ring when someone dials my GV number. Incoming dial plan is blank yet I do not get any rings. This goes for the Simple plan as well as the Complex plan. Any ideas on that? Again, I have read almost all of the forums and tried all the suggestions to no avail. Thanks.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:56 am

bobbydc wrote:Ok, so I thought all was well. I was wrong. This worked for about a day and started acting up again.
Quite expectingly. CB_NUMBER =~ /^1747/ ? 7 : 1 supplies callback phone number type (refer to Help, GoogleVoiceCall method. Out of four types, only "Gizmo" (7) is treated by the Google Voice differently. Thus, if callback number has area code 747, we use type 7 (Gizmo), otherwise we set type to 1 (Home) and type 1 is good for any of Home, Work and Mobile. You hard-coded 1 and, since your callback number isn't Gizmo, you actually did not change anything.

The problem is that Sipsorcery time-outs waiting for callback from Google Voice. If I was You, I'd login to Google Voice website and initiated a call manually while watching on Sipsorcery Console (event *) in the other window/tab. If there is no callback, then something's wrong with Callcentric. In this case I'd get a new IPKall DID and use it instead of Callcentric for outbound calls. As to inbound... it's more complicated because IPKall DIDs are infamous for reporting of local termination's number instead of actual caller's ID. So, I'd get IPCOMMS (you need to call and speak to a person to get a free DID, but it works).

Note that in new version of Simple DialPlan you can supply several callback numbers, like this:

CB_NUMBER = [ '1ipkallnum', '1callcentricnum' ]

and dialplan will try 2nd if no callback on the 1st. It significantly reduces the chances for your outbound calls to fail.

bobbydc

Post by bobbydc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Thanks Mike, I think the issue is in CallCentric. I switched to SipGate and the outbound calls work perfectly, almost every time. It is still kind of sketchy on the inbound. Sometimes the phone rings, sometimes not. I strictly use GV for all my inbound calls so missing calls is not an issue. If all else fails, my cell phone will ring. I am perfectly happy switching to SipGate on a permanent basis as long as it keeps working the way it is now. I will know more in a day or two but is has worked every time I have placed a call this weekend.

I will try the new version of the Simple plan with inbound forwarding. I am hoping that will fix the remaining issues. Let you know how it works out. Thanks.

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:38 pm

In re: missing inbound calls, most probably it's your ATA and/or router; Sipsorcery can't forward incoming call to PAP2T because it loses registration or something like that. Check if you forward port 5060 to PAP2T or put it into DMZ, it should help.