GV+ Gizmo + SipSorcery and Incoming Calls

Catalog of dial plans
jmyshral

GV+ Gizmo + SipSorcery and Incoming Calls

Post by jmyshral » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 pm

I am still trying to figure out the best way to configure Google Voice to use my Cisco 7960. I have 2 Google Voice numbers, but only one Gizmo (747xxxxxxx) number. I created 2 SipSorcery accounts - one for each Google Voice number - but they are both using the same Gizmo number to register. I can get both Google Voice numbers to register and make outgoing calls (I am using two different copies of the "Simple" dial plan).

However, on incoming calls, no matter which number I call, it just rings the same Google Voice number on my phone. I don't have an "Incoming" dial plan configured - I just have two "Outgoing" dial plans configured. Am I missing something here? Or is it not possible to use the same Gizmo number to configure incoming calls for 2 different Google Voice numbers?

GV1 - personal - "212xxxxxxx"
GV2 - work - "212yyyyyyy"
Gizmo - "747zzzzzzz"

Outgoing Dial Plans
- DialPersonal"
- "DialWork"

Incoming Dial Plans
None

All calls to either GV1 or GV2 ring on GV1. Why?

MikeTelis

Re: GV+ Gizmo + SipSorcery and Incoming Calls

Post by MikeTelis » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:05 pm

I'm not sure I understand your objective but probably I know what you're missing. It's the "Register Contact" in SIP account settings, Gizmo is forwarding incoming call that that contact. If you need to forward the call to two different accounts, you need to have two different register contacts (or yet better, use multi-forward option of sys.Dial method):

sys.Dial("account1@local&account2@local")

Of course, you'll have to use "In" dial plan, do not leave this field empty.

jmyshral

Post by jmyshral » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:24 pm

My objective is to have two different Google numbers ring on the same Cisco phone, but I only have a single Gizmo account. And Gizmo is not accepting new accounts, so I thought I could share the Gizmo SIP number across both accounts.

Do you have a template for an Inbound dial plan that uses the multi-forward sys.Dial option? The tutorials I have seen focus on an outbound dial plan but not an incoming dial plan so I wouldn't know how to create it.

Thanks...

MikeTelis

Post by MikeTelis » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:19 am

I wouldn't call it a dialplan, it's actually 1 line of code :-) Refer to Sipsorcery dialplan help, it has a description of sys.Dial method.

Anyway, forwarding calls from both GV accounts to the same number (Gizmo), you won't be able whether they called you on GV1 or GV2 number. Is that what you want? If not, you'd better get yourself yet another DID number. Free DID are available from IPCOMMS; you'll need to speak to a person to get free DID but it shouldn't be a problem. IPCOMMS DID is as good as Gizmo.