RingCentral - Outbound Proxy issue

Catalog of dial plans
mjc

RingCentral - Outbound Proxy issue

Post by mjc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:26 pm

Hello all,

New user, but really loving the sipcorcery service - thanks very much to all who have contributed, both product side and on this forum!

I'm using RingCentral, and subscribed for their DigitalLine service so that I can make and receive business calls using my ATA at home. Home line (GalaxyVoice) previously connected to home ATA.

Now running everything through a sipsorcery account, with an outbound dial plan that appears to be working properly. Problem is with the RingCentral - they have a required outbound proxy of sip.ringcentral.com:5090 and a registration server of sip.ringcentral.com:5060. When I try to make outgoing calls without making reference to the outbound proxy, I get no audio on the phone I'm calling out on.

Having reviewed this forum extensively over the last couple days, I tried making the following entry in the Custom Header field of the RingCentral SIP Provider account:

Route: <sip.ringcentral.com:5090;lr>

I also tried:

Route :<sip:sip.ringcentral.com:5090;lr>

When these are added, I can't make outgoing calls at all, and also can't receive incoming calls (on RingCentral).

Please advise! Thanks in advance.

M

LHM

Re: RingCentral - Outbound Proxy issue

Post by LHM » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:34 pm

You will need a second Digital Line from RC for SS to connect properly for out bound calls.

http://forum.ringcentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=316

mjc

Re: RingCentral - Outbound Proxy issue

Post by mjc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Thanks for your reply, LHM, but I'm only trying to effect one registration (total) for my DigitalLine - with SS. I'll then connect my ATA to SS to make / receive calls from that DigitalLine.

I'm running into trouble making outgoing calls through SS.

Am I missing something?

mjc

RingCentral - One-sided audio? PRESS FLASH! (Can this be fix

Post by mjc » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:25 pm

And I seem to have figured out how to get audio for those strange calls where the other side can't hear me...which appears to be the real problem I was having.

I noticed that the "Hook" status on my Grandstream 502 read "Ring Back," which seemed odd, so after initiating an outgoing call using RingCentral, I sent a FLASH command using my phone's handset, and voila! I have two way audio!

Why do I have to press flash?! Can this be automated?