callcentric voicemail MWI (message waiting indicator)

Catalog of dial plans
maharaj

callcentric voicemail MWI (message waiting indicator)

Post by maharaj » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:01 am

I am new to VOIP and SIP and am looking for some help from Mike Telis or anyone else who can answer my questions..

I use callcentric and sip sorcery (with google voice for outgoing calls)

How do I modify my dialplan to do the following (if it is even possible)..

1. see callcentric voice mail indicator on my phone (it works if I connect my ATA directly to callcentric, bypassing sipsorcvery)

2. reject incoming calls by pressing the "end/off" button on my cordless phone

3. i send unanswered calls to callcentric voicemail (from sipsorcery); anyway to shorten the ring time (before sending to voicemail) to 15 seconds? (currently takes 60 seconds) and here is what i have in the dialplan to do that..

sys.Dial "#{sys.Username}@local"
sys.Dial("1777xxxyyyy@in.callcentric.com[fu=864236145]") #go to voicemail if no answer for 60 seconds.

any answer or tips will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: callcentric voicemail MWI (message waiting indicator)

Post by Aaron » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 pm

1. It should just work. I'll do some checking with my own callcentric account and post back here with my results.

2. Also should just work providing that the mechanism works for hanging up non-sipsorcery calls. My IP phone has an explicit Reject button which will terminate an incoming call. ATAs and DECT handsets do things differently.

3. You can explicitly set the time a call placed from sipsorcery should ring. The 15 in the below example tells the sipsorcery server to ring for 15s and if no answer then give up and move onto the next dialplan command. As far as getting your callcentric account to failover to voicemail in a shorter time you can set that on the callcentric site.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local", 15)

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:32 am

maharaj wrote:1. see callcentric voice mail indicator on my phone (it works if I connect my ATA directly to callcentric, bypassing sipsorcvery)
I've left a couple of messages in my callcentric mailbox and got the MWI (message waiting indicator) notifications immediately. The only requirement is that the user portion of the Contact URI you set when registering from sipsorcery to callcentric matches the username of the SIP account you want to receive the MWI notifications. For example if the Register Contact on your callcentric SIP record was:

sip:someuser@sipsorcery.com

then the MWI notifications will be forwarded to the someuser sipsorcery SIP account.

maharaj

Post by maharaj » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:16 am

Aaron, thanks a lot for your response..
I had not checked "register" for callcentric (under SIP providers, per siposorcery's wiki instructions). Based on your response, after I checked "register"(in sipsorcery), MWI works perfectly and my voicemail gets the actual caller ID!
I copied your line of code and "goto voicemail after 15 seconds" works fine! (alao, "registering" callcentric w Sipsorcery, made this redundant)

I believe all my sipsorcery related issues are now resolved!

Thanks again for your help!

qubo

Post by qubo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:56 am

sorry I have not get the idea to make the MWI to work. I use a polycom 601 and the register user in my callcentric voicemail is pbxi@sipsorcery.com and when a message I dont get the indicator of new voicemail. dont know how to activate the MWI or how I can set the message to redirect to pbxI@sipsorcery.com for messages. could you explain more in details this. and if I need to config something in the polycom conf files in order to see the MWI ?

thanks so much

maharaj

Post by maharaj » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:06 am

qubo wrote:sorry I have not get the idea to make the MWI to work. I use a polycom 601 and the register user in my callcentric voicemail is pbxi@sipsorcery.com and when a message I dont get the indicator of new voicemail. dont know how to activate the MWI or how I can set the message to redirect to pbxI@sipsorcery.com for messages. could you explain more in details this. and if I need to config something in the polycom conf files in order to see the MWI ?

thanks so much
In your SIP sorcery account, under "SIP Providers", "edit" your pbxl account information, and ensure that the "register" check box is ticked and enter your "Username" also under "Auth Username" (not sure if this part is needed). This registers your sip sorcery account w your SIP account - this is all I needed to do to make MWI work!

If that does not work, connect your ATA directly to your pbxl account and see if MWI works (if not, the problem maybe w pbxl or your ATA)

qubo

Post by qubo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:51 am

thanks now it works but I need to config the polycom in order to work this is the tutorial

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Gett ... h+Asterisk
Getting MWI on Polycom Phones to work with Asterisk
Getting MWI on Polycom Phones to work with Asterisk

MWI is a feature that will flash the LED, and display an icon on the phone display when there's a voicemail message waiting.

On the Asterisk side of things, there's nothing special that needs to be done. Just make sure the mailbox parameter is set right in the phone's sip.conf entry.

You may have to add @context to the mailbox entry. This seems to fix things for many users. Note that this context is the context specified in voicemail.conf for the extension, not the context specified in sip.conf

Before you start editing config files on the Polycom side of things, you should read the Soundpoint IP SIP Admin Guide, or at least familiarize yourself with the per-phone config file, as covered in section 4.6.3.

Section 4.6.3.5 of the Guide covers the Messaging functions, and 4.6.3.5.1 covers the <mwi/> tag, which is what you need to edit.

Here's an example (change from the defaults in your firmware rev):

sip.cfg:
up.oneTouchVoiceMail="1"

phone1.cfg:
<msg msg.bypassInstantMessage="1">
<mwi msg.mwi.1.subscribe="" msg.mwi.1.callBackMode="contact" msg.mwi.1.callBack="8500"/>
</msg>

Replace 8500 with your VM extension.

You may have to set reg.1.displayName="username", which is an attribute of phone1/reg (for each line used) in your phonexxxx.cfg file to get the MWI to light. Setting bypassInstantMessage="1" doesn't affect the light, it changes the message key behavior to go directly to voicemail instead of giving you a choice.

That should do it!

Now that you've got MWI setup, you may find yourself annoyed by the periodic tone that the phone will play when a message is waiting, even in DND mode! See these notes about Polycom SoundPoint IP MWI audio if you want to disable it.

One other note: If you have a multiline phone with newer SIP software (2.2.0) and want your Messages button to call into a generic Voice Mail extension, yet want your MWI's to show up for a few different lines, you have to set your user_preferences and set the mwiVisible="1" this allows for MWI's on lines defined in the MWI section that their callBackMode="disabled"

<user_preferences
up.oneTouchVoiceMail="1"
up.welcomeSoundOnWarmBootEnabled="1"
up.backlight.onIntensity="2"
up.backlight.idleIntensity="0"
up.mwiVisible="1"
/>

wilbert

Post by wilbert » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:34 pm

Just test Callcentric account with SS and no MWI info is forwarded. First, I connected with a Bria softphone directly to Callcentric and confirmed that MWI is receiving. Then, did the same through SS but nothing happened after leaving 5 additional messages.

Any help?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:18 am

MWI from callcentric to sipsorcery definitely works as I use it regularly. Does the Register Contact you are using for your callcentric provider match the username of one of your SIP accounts?

wilbert

Post by wilbert » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:44 am

I've double checked and yes. It's not the one I use for Bria but certenly is one of my accounts.