SOLVED: Q: How to handle IN-CALL processing (conceptually)

Catalog of dial plans
rnio

SOLVED: Q: How to handle IN-CALL processing (conceptually)

Post by rnio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Hi There,

I am a little confused about what tools to use to "capture" commands during a call.

I am not sure if TROPO is the solution ...

SCENARIO:

I am on a call ... and then I like to TRANSFER the call to another phone-number using "**01" .... I hang up and the caller gets connected to "speed-dial **01".

Thanks for any feedback / info.

Robert
Last edited by rnio on Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

rnio

Re: Q: How to handle IN-CALL processing .... conceptually

Post by rnio » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:08 pm

I just a little chat with the guys at TROPO (very responsive and pro-active) :-)

Here is what they said ... IN-CALL processing is hard to do on the server side ... as it takes quiet some resources to monitor and FILTER any kind of "commands" out of the audio stream.

I thought having just a single trigger e.g. "#" live during the call might be doable ... at least now this is NOT possible with TROPO.

Any other ideas ?

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Q: How to handle IN-CALL processing .... conceptually

Post by Aaron » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Some ATAs and most IP phones have that sort of transfer capability built in. For example my Cisco 7960 IP phone has both an attended transfer and blind transfer button that I can use to send the callee off to some other destination. If you plan on doing a lot of transferring then getting an IP Phone such as a Cisco or Polycom would be the recommended approach.

If you really do want to do it server side try checking with anveo.com. Along with Tropo they are two most sophisticated VoIP application platforms for media processing.