How to Filter a call that was forwarding direct to my device

Catalog of dial plans
qubo

How to Filter a call that was forwarding direct to my device

Post by qubo » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:01 pm

I know that when I have an inconming DID provider is easy to filter like providers. ex. provider1.myaccount@sipsorcery.com

so if provider1.myaccount@sipsorcery.com then sysDial 12340000 something like that.

but how I can filter an incoming call that reach me, no from my DID provider but for a externanl DID forwarding that point to my sip device ?

and If for example I know what external to SS DID number was dialed originally example 44455556 ( if I know this number is set to forwarding all calls to SS sip device 12340000 then HOW I can filter incoming calls that got thru 4445556 ?

thanks fo any help

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: How to Filter a call that was forwarding direct to my de

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:29 am

You will generally need something extra to work with to identify where an incoming call came from rather than the DID. The original DID that was dialed will not normally be included anywhere in the call request that reaches sipsorcery so you can't filter on it.

The easiest way to handle it is to set up a dedicated SIP account for each DID you need to distinguish and then forward calls from that DID to it.

For example you could crate a new SIP account called 44455556.myaccount@sipsorcery.com, foreard calls from only that DID to that address and then you will know where all the calls came from. It's pretty much the same mechanism as using the provider1.myaccount@sipsorcery.com approach but is more granular.