Callback dialplan

Catalog of dial plans
dsioufas

Callback dialplan

Post by dsioufas » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:11 am

I have the following question.

I register my SIP account to a Softphone in my cellphone, and I would like to setup a callback function from there.

Can you please advise?

Thanks
Dimitris

Aaron
Site Admin

Re: Callback dialplan

Post by Aaron » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:14 am

If you mean a web callback take a look at http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help/WebCallback.

If you mean a calling back a different phone from within your dialplan take a look at http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Help ... s#Callback.

dsioufas

Post by dsioufas » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:20 am

Thank you for your reply.

What I mean is that I need to choose from the softphone contact list each time the contact that I want to call, and initiate a callback to my cellphone and connect to the contact that I choose.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:24 am

The dialplan callback is what you need then.

To start with create a new Ruby dialplan on your sipsorcery account and put a single command in it as per below:

You will need to replace the "your..." values with real ones.

Code: Select all

sys.Callback("yourmobile@yourprovider", "yourhomephone@provider")
Then set that dialplan as the outgoing one for the sipsorcery account you are using with your softphone and try a test call.

dsioufas

Post by dsioufas » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:31 am

I assume that the last part should be "yourhomephone@yourprovider" instead of "yourhomephone@provider"...right?

With this dialplan, however, I understand that it will call only the numbers that I specify in there. What I need is to be able to call each time a different number from my contact list.

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:47 am

Yes it should be yourprovider.

Callbacks can be tricky to get working with some providers so the first step is to verify that you can get the call working. If that works the next step is to incorporate your contacts list.