SIPSwitch on Amazon Cloud

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
yorkhoh

Post by yorkhoh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:44 am

Was just wondering if it was just me or others experiencing the same.

I cannot log into the website 75.101.164.154 to check details.
I cannot register to sip server, been about 12 hours now.

I'm getting a request time out after about 15 hops. Last successful ping is through 72.165.161.250 and all timed out after that.

I'll be registering my ATA back with ONE of my VSPs, but if MSS-AC is actually up and also trying to register/login to that same VoIP account, what happens? Which one will have priority?

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:22 am

The server was inaccessible for me as well, I wasn't able to terminal service to it or get any other type of connection. This server isn't on our monitoring list since it's really only a development one at the moment so I didn't notice it dropping off.

I eventually able to get it rebooted through via the Amazon EC2 management tool I use. Everything should be back in order now.

A quick scan of the logs appeared to show the culprit:

"Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 123139024DC5. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server."

I'll send that to Amazon EC2 support and see what that's about.

Regards,

Aaron

yorkhoh

Post by yorkhoh » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:22 am

You are a champ!

Thanks Aaron, I wasn't expecting much to be done for some hours (due to time of night). I am pleasantly surprised.

All is back on and working well again for me.
Thanks again.

UK_101

Accounts/subaccounts/extensions clash?

Post by UK_101 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm sure you have it covered, but when the Blueface instance is shut down, will all existing accounts etc. be merged with those already created in the Amazon cloud instance? If so, how can I ensure that any sub-account I create now does not clash with any extension/account/sub-account created in the cloud instance before the merge?

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Hello Aaron,
I now 3 days can`t use anymore mysipswitch on the amazon cloud, it is only sometime very shortly login in and then loggin out and will not login back again on my ATA divice, also the same problem on the softphones, sadly I can`t use it anymore. Is there still a problem? 4 days ago it still would run then it stoped.
Voxalot works without any problem, also freeworlddialup is logged in, but not mysipswitch on the new server. :(

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Sun May 03, 2009 9:42 am

bump! no answer! still having problems. anybody here to help and answer me?????????

ais11

Post by ais11 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 am

Yes it seems there is some issue. Me too having same problem, it can't connect. Lets see when Aaron gets chance, he will look at it.

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Tue May 05, 2009 2:54 pm

ais11, yes I too hope, cause it is needet very much for my voip, it works ust better with mysipswitch when it works. It is now a week and a half not working for me. If not more.
ila :(

yorkhoh

Post by yorkhoh » Wed May 06, 2009 7:51 am

Still working great for me.
Other than the "sys.isAvailable()" function which has been explained as hardcoded to mysipswitch.com address.

I'm with ISP Exetel in Australia, using Exetel and Pennytel for VoIP and things are connecting well. Receiving and making calls just fine.

I've had my ATA up for just over 7 days now and I haven't needed to touch it. I'm sure I get disconnected from internet once in a while, and not needing to do anything to ensure the VoIP line is still up is great!

I had issues with my equipment (Linksys SP3102 ATA and Linksys WAG160N modem/router) before with just my Exetel VoIP whereby whenever I get disconnected from the ISP (and then reconnected) - the ATA would not re-register properly unless I changed the IP address of ATA.

Then came MySIPSwitch which solved all of that.

Then blueface blocked me out:( but thank goodness for the Amazon Cloud setup.

Shortly after MSS-AC I had the problem of ATA not re-registering when disconnected from ISP (and reconnecting). Use to be every 2 days I would need to check and change IP given to my ATA. Though, since 7 days ago - things have been great!

I just wanted to mention this (the good side) just in case people get a bad impression from all the problems that are still to be ironed out.

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Wed May 06, 2009 10:27 am

Hello Aaron, are you still around? No replies anymore from you, I have another very very big problem, my 5060 port is blocked cause it is in use only for my ip providers phone, so now mysipswitch is always switching to port 5060, and I don`t no what to do and to change it, and alsways disconnections from it, no matter if it is pap2 or softphone, it just is not working anymore, I really need lots of help, also it dosn`t help when people come in here and say that it works with them anstead to help or to say that it is looked after the problem, I think when someone has problems ore more people have the same problems and then another person tells it works for him, this is no good for us who need to get things to work. People who sit in USA Canada and Australia they do have no problems so it don`t belongs in our category.
Please Please can you do something? the only port I can use now is port 5080.
Thanks you, this is the only port who will allow me to do sip voip. Or have you another Idea? Please Please can you help?
Thanks you. :(