Support

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
Aaron
Site Admin

Support

Post by Aaron » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:56 am

Hi All,

Currently there are two developers who run the sipswitch, being Guillaume and myself (Aaron). We do so in our spare time and when we can fit it in with our day jobs. I'd like to emphasise that we cannot commit to provide any level of support for troubleshooting calls, registrations or any other issue.

Coupled with that we don't want to give people the wrong expectation and lead to frustration so we have tried to make it clear by putting a specific message on the account creation page:

https://www.mysipswitch.com/newuser.aspx

The relevant line being:
My SIP Switch offers NO support, other than through the My SIP Switch Forums.
Troubleshooting SIP issues can indeed be frustrating and one of the goals of the sipswitch is to provide tools to help in that regard. The first step for people experiencing problems should be to take a look at the Monitoring screen on the sipswitch web site. It posts a lot of useful information. After that there is an even more comprehensive way to troubleshoot by telnetting into the sipswitch and viewing the log messages and even the full SIP packets in real time.

To log in to the sipswitch:

1. telnet sip.mysipswitch.com 11005,
2. Login with your username and password,
3. At the filter press enter to get summary log messages,
4. Press q to quit at any stage,
5. To get full SIP traces at the filter prompt type in "event full" without the double quotes and press enter.

Posting a SIP trace or a log of the debug messages to the forum - with the sensitive details removed of course - is the best way to get help with your issue. Sending a personal message to Guillaume or me will result a referral back to this post.

Thank you for your understanding and we hope the sipswitch helps your communication needs!

Regards,

Aaron