sipsorcery.com

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
TheFug

Post by TheFug » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:32 pm

With me, when I click de Silverlight link on the Sipsorcery.com page, download, execute, instal, restart browser, then, again I get the microsoft Silverlight link, on the Sipsorcery site....
So for me it doesn't work...
I tried this several times, using Firefox 3.5.1 On chrome it works okay,
But i use Firefox for safe(ty) reasons, which Chrome doesn't have...
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

Wortelstok

Post by Wortelstok » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:46 pm

I could not create an account, neither in Firefor nor in Chromium not in IE. When I open the page it says (top right): Coult not connect to provisioning service ...
Then, when I fill out the new account page, it says (in the Form frame): [browserhttpwebrequest_webexception_remoteserver]

jvwelzen

Post by jvwelzen » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:18 pm

That meens the provsioning service is down

and you are not able to login or create new account

Wortelstok

Post by Wortelstok » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Thanks, I got signed in later on.
It took me a while to understand the setup of the new site, especially what is the difference between SIP accounts and Providers. But now I start to understand and this thing really looks great.

Evgen

Post by Evgen » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:27 am

ks wrote:first the page didn't load till i installed moonlight, and i was only offered version 1.0 So after that when i went to the page, there was an error message saying that i need version 2
I've got same problem. I use Ubuntu linux and Firefox and I received the following:
"Moonlight was compiled with 1.0 support only. This page requires 2.0 support"
Can only M$ help me?

SSWGazer

Post by SSWGazer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:00 pm

Wortelstok wrote:...especially what is the difference between SIP accounts and Providers...
Where did you find the explanation? What is each of them?

SSWGazer

Post by SSWGazer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:04 pm

yf wrote:...recommendations:
1) Let us have a special section under this forum for SIPSorcery technical support.
2) We need a tutorial how register our ATA or Softphones.
3) Someone should create a 123 (or SIPSorcery for dummies) explaining how to use the basic feature of this new site.

Do we have any of the above now?

miksipswitch

Re: sipsorcery.com

Post by miksipswitch » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Aaron wrote:Hi All,

The new version of mysipswitch is now available at sipsorcery.com.

In regards to the future of the existing mysipswitch.com service it will be phased out and existing users should migrate their accounts to sipsorcery.com. There will be warnings posted before the service is shutdown and the it's anticipated the date will be the end of 2009.

The cloud instance of mysipswitch on 75.101.164.154 is also going to be shutdown and again users should migrate their accounts to sipsorcery.com as soon as possible. It is anticipated that the cloud instance will be turned off at the end of August 2009 and again more warnings will be posted.

The reasons for these (enforced) migrations are twofold. Firstly the mysipswith.com instance runs on a Blueface server and that is not an ideal situation from a security perspective as was found with some recent Blueface firewall changes. The cloud instance of mysipswitch.com was only ever intended as a temporary measure until sipsorcery.com was ready. Secondly literally thousands of hours of development work have been put into the underlying software since the last mysipswitch.com update and the sipsorcery.com service has a large number of new features and improvements.

Regards,

Aaron
Sorry I arrived late... can you allow my account to migrate to the new service please?

eastss

Post by eastss » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:14 am

Hello everyone. I've been away for a while, and need a few pointers on the latest updates.
I had been using SipSorcery with a Softphone for years (thanks); had been using GoogleVoice
with Gizmo and SipGate as the associated goto SIPs/DIDs.

With Gizmo now retired, what are you (softphone) guys using to get GoogleVoice running again?
Can someone please point me in the right direction?

ntiangco

Post by ntiangco » Sat May 28, 2011 6:10 am

hi.
had that problem when i heard gizmo5 was closing down.

anyway,
at the moment.
i replaced gizmo with callcentric+ipkall
others i believe are using voxox but voxox is out of the SIP loop.

if ipkall is not your thing
callcentric is offering a bargain for their incoming numbers.

callcentric did sale. 2.95 a month.
i hope this helps..