sipsorcery.com

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
snvv

Post by snvv » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:47 pm

I hope administrators will create a how-to when sipsorcery.com will be ready for use.

I tried today my test account. Well, I could't make even outgoing call (yesterday was working).

At the moment, unfortunately, sipsorcery has a random, to me, behavior. Since, some people have sipsorcery working then it should be some misconfiguration I do with my account.
Last edited by snvv on Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Yep, a How-To would be handy, otherwise you don't know, if you're doing it right, or if there's a Sipsorcery failure... :(

I liked Mysipswitch for it's easy use, why not use MSS on the new server
How long will Sipsorcery be used ? I just got used to MSS..... :(
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

snvv

Post by snvv » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:09 pm

I understand TheFug :)
MSS is the best software of this type with the absolutely best interface. I like the name even more. I can't get used to that sipsorcery :)

richardtaur

Post by richardtaur » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:15 pm

But think about this way. If sipsorcery is going to be trouble free after all, you can create many sub accounts under just one account.

Once you do that, you can route individual sip provider to individual sub account with one fingertip. Over all, you can create many different dial plans for each individual account. I think that is really powerful.

Of course, when it works.

karhill

Post by karhill » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Yeah, the design looks great, but dial-in functionality is just too random right now. Sometimes it works, then it doesn't, with now clear indication of why it stopped working.

jvwelzen

Post by jvwelzen » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 am

That's strange

Incoming and outgoing call are working for me on sipsorcery.com

My old dialplan works fine when I split it into an incoming and outgoing dialplan

But I rather want to use the local version but it's not working the same or as good as the online version

On the local version sipproviders won't register and dialplan doesn't work as good as the online version of sipsorcery.com

richardtaur

Post by richardtaur » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi Jvwelzen:
Can you tell us what ATA do you use? I am only able to receive calls on X-Lite, but not my ATA. Sometimes, it will ring, after I answer it, it just dead air, and the other end still giving you dialing ring. It seems like sipsorcery doesn't understand the command sent from my ATA, something like that. I always having issue to call the local between accounts at sipsorcery. Works perfect at MSS. Always give you the error code: 400:Method mismatch btw Request Line and CSeq. Don't know what that means. If you know, please let me know.
Thanks,

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:40 pm

What i've done... is put :5060 after every sip address,(at SS) and have a lot working now without open up ports on my router.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

richardtaur

Post by richardtaur » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:44 pm

TheFug wrote:What i've done... is put :5060 after every sip address,(at SS) and have a lot working now without open up ports on my router.
Can you tell me more about it? put on SIP address. under SIP accounts? the dial plan? or ...

Thank you very much.

richardtaur

Post by richardtaur » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:57 pm

TheFug wrote:What i've done... is put :5060 after every sip address,(at SS) and have a lot working now without open up ports on my router.
I have my ATA using 5061. So, I went to SIP Providers, and put :5061 after my SIP address for that Register Contact, and it is still doing the same thing. I believe, if I switch over to X-Lite, then I will receive call perfectly.
I think SS is picky about the hardware devices now. @_@