sipsorcery.com

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
jenalcom

Post by jenalcom » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:17 am

After my problems with win98 and sipsorcery (black screen even after loading silverlight) I got access to a machine running XP with both Firefox 3 and IE7 installed.

So I go to sipsorcery.com using Firefox 3 and get the "download silverlight" icon. No problems. I download and install silverlight - result a black screen. OK, I'll try IE7 - exactly the same result, a black screen. Silverlight is running because if I right click on the black screen I get the silverlight button coming up and can access the silverlight control panel.

Next I scoot over to silverlight.net to see what is happening and get some clues. I cannot access any of the show case sites they have listed and, indeed, the ones I can access are not running silverlight anymore.

It would appear there are a lot of people having problems running silverlight and no one on the silverlight forum seems to have any ideas on how to get it working.

I think I've wasted enough time on that rubbish!

jack9901

Post by jack9901 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:59 am

Feature 1 and 2 are the ones I'd like to keep, too. What's more, I'd also like to keep the old long dialing format "username,password,num@provider,from,proxy" which is very convenient so that you do not have to create a provider for every URI and it is easy to modify in the dial plan and use prefix to control which one to use. For the feature 3, you can use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy and paste though it is not so intuitive. All in all, the new sipsorcery is a big step up though something needs to be got used to.
emoci wrote:SipSorcery seems to lack a few features that are currently available on MSS:

1. It does not seem to accept the contact field to be anything except @sipsorcery.com. I kinda got used to routing certain calls to SIP URIs without involving the dial plan....

2. It does not support the name.user@sipsorcery.com format that is currently available in MSS... This has been golden as it lets me route certain providers in the dialplan without having to create a different sub-acct for each of them...

3. Copying and pasting dialplans and details is not possible at the moment

I would have to add that if there is a way to make the interface more widely accessible that would be a bonus...

Aaron or Gbonnet if you guys have the time...it may help to allow people to register new accts for MSS still while SipSorcery is tweaked to perfection :D ...

I am sure a good chunk of new users will appreciate this...

emoci

Post by emoci » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:01 pm

jack9901 wrote:Feature 1 and 2 are the ones I'd like to keep, too. What's more, I'd also like to keep the old long dialing format "username,password,num@provider,from,proxy" which is very convenient so that you do not have to create a provider for every URI and it is easy to modify in the dial plan and use prefix to control which one to use. For the feature 3, you can use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy and paste though it is not so intuitive. All in all, the new sipsorcery is a big step up though something needs to be got used to.
emoci wrote:SipSorcery seems to lack a few features that are currently available on MSS:

1. It does not seem to accept the contact field to be anything except @sipsorcery.com. I kinda got used to routing certain calls to SIP URIs without involving the dial plan....

2. It does not support the name.user@sipsorcery.com format that is currently available in MSS... This has been golden as it lets me route certain providers in the dialplan without having to create a different sub-acct for each of them...

3. Copying and pasting dialplans and details is not possible at the moment

I would have to add that if there is a way to make the interface more widely accessible that would be a bonus...

Aaron or Gbonnet if you guys have the time...it may help to allow people to register new accts for MSS still while SipSorcery is tweaked to perfection :D ...

I am sure a good chunk of new users will appreciate this...
On that note...I did some testing and it seems that at least 1 & 2 are now working...

Thanks to Aaron /Gbonnet or whatever maybe the invisible force behind the changes :D

jadam

Post by jadam » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:53 pm

Sipsorcery seems to be improving a lot in a short time, thanks for the great work. I've not tried the extra features yet so I imagine things will get even better.

One thing not working for me though is MWI with Voxalot, this used to work ok for my ATA with MSS, does anyone else have this working?

emoci

Post by emoci » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:57 am

One more thing I noticed...

There is problem btw Eutelia and Sipsorcery

Two Eutelia numbers registered in SipSorcery do no ring through...however the same registered in MSS work fine...

I poked around and saw this: https://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewt ... 60fbbad4ad

Seems at one point Aaron adjust the MSS Sip Stack to work with Eutelia...any chance that adjustment didn't carry over?

Thanks for the time...

jack9901

Post by jack9901 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 am

emoci wrote:On that note...I did some testing and it seems that at least 1 & 2 are now working...

Thanks to Aaron /Gbonnet or whatever maybe the invisible force behind the changes :D
That's great news. I tried both after reading your post but they did not seem to work with my account. It could be that Aaron put your account on the beta code.

emoci

Post by emoci » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:19 pm

jack9901 wrote:
emoci wrote:On that note...I did some testing and it seems that at least 1 & 2 are now working...

That's great news. I tried both after reading your post but they did not seem to work with my account. It could be that Aaron put your account on the beta code.
Hmm,

I did not get in touch with Aaron in any other way...let me explain what's working:

1. I can now set the contact field to user@voxalot.com instead of user@sipsorcery.com and the calls will ring thru to VoXalot

2. I can set the contact field to anything.user@sipsorcery.com and SipSorcery is now accepting that...but I have not yet tested whether the dial plan will handle those calls appropriately...

jack9901

Post by jack9901 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Yes, that's what I was trying. I even deleted a test account and recreated it, still no go. So I am patiently waiting. :D
emoci wrote:Hmm,

I did not get in touch with Aaron in any other way...let me explain what's working:

1. I can now set the contact field to user@voxalot.com instead of user@sipsorcery.com and the calls will ring thru to VoXalot

2. I can set the contact field to anything.user@sipsorcery.com and SipSorcery is now accepting that...but I have not yet tested whether the dial plan will handle those calls appropriately...

emoci

Post by emoci » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:33 pm

jack9901 wrote:Yes, that's what I was trying. I even deleted a test account and recreated it, still no go. So I am patiently waiting. :D
emoci wrote:Hmm,

In regards to 2, I found this https://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewt ... ight=#7905

From what I understand xxx.user@sipsorcery.com will no longer be supported...but you can create accounts using xxx.user as the username ...

jadam

Post by jadam » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 am

MWI is working for me now, thanks! When someone leaves a voicemail on the Voxalot account registered in Sipsorcery I get the MWI indicator and stutter tone on my phone.

I'm delighted to say I'm fully up and running on Sipsorcery now, using the xxxx.xxxx@sip.mysipswitch.com feature on sipsorcery by creating a xxxx.xxxx@sipsorcery.com user in my main account and sharing the same dialplan. I was able to cut and paste the MSS dialplan as my default dialplan, with the single exception of the RegexMatch method? which I was able to work around. Need to have a lookat the new dial string formats now https://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1180