is the cloud server down?

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
njvijay

Post by njvijay » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:34 am

OK. Got the incoming problem. As long as username is same as owner name there will not be a problem. If they differ, it creates a problem in incoming calls.

Code: Select all

sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local",30)
is what I use it for incoming call ringing in my earlier dial plan. Now it should be
sys.Dial("#{req.URI.user}@local",30)
It works then

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am

snvv wrote:
Aaron wrote:There is a Help menu available once logged into sipsorcery.com and if you already have a mysipswitch account it is not that different.

I'll look at the dialplan size limits on the databases of the two systems. I thought they were set the same but perhaps not.
The sipsorcery.com system has had the size of the allowed dialplan increased from 20000 bytes to 30000 making it the same as mysipswitch.com.
snvv wrote: It seems to be different.
For example I used the test dial plan from http://www.mysipswitch.com/wordpress/ ("The Default Ruby Dial Plan Demystified") and it does not work.
There is nothing wrong with the sipsorcery processing instead there are some 4 non ASCII characters on the dialplan posted on the blog where there should be double quotes. Correcting those 4 characters and the dialplan works fine.

snvv

Post by snvv » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Aaron wrote: The sipsorcery.com system has had the size of the allowed dialplan increased from 20000 bytes to 30000 making it the same as mysipswitch.com.
Hello and Thank you,
However, this does not solve the problem. I copied my old plan from MSS and when I tried to update the plan in sipsorcery I get:
"There was an error performing a Dial Plan update. The maximum string content length quota (8192) has been exceeded while reading XML data. This quota may increased changing the MaxStringContentLength"

I created a simple plan. All outgoing calls are fine. Incoming calls are more problematic. I did test it a bit. Out of 4-5 calls only one actually rings the phone and the other says unavailable. This might well be a firewall/NAT problem. When I will sort out the other issues I will test more it to see if the problem is with my settings.

Finally, one issue that I don't know what influence will have in call quality is ping times. The time to reach sipsorcery is about double the time to reach mysipswitch.
Regards
snvv

Edit.
About the strange characters you mentioned, that's true. I copied the dial plan from the blog and I pasted it in sipsorcery. I have no idea why the some " becomes ?. Oh well, MS windows :)

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:23 pm

snvv wrote: Hello and Thank you,
However, this does not solve the problem. I copied my old plan from MSS and when I tried to update the plan in sipsorcery I get:
"There was an error performing a Dial Plan update. The maximum string content length quota (8192) has been exceeded while reading XML data. This quota may increased changing the MaxStringContentLength"
There was a limit on the web service I'd overlooked it is now set to allow 30,000 byte dialplans and the user interface has also been updated from 20,000 to 30,000 - you'll need to re-open the UI to pick that change up.
snvv wrote: Finally, one issue that I don't know what influence will have in call quality is ping times. The time to reach sipsorcery is about double the time to reach mysipswitch.
It will have zero influence. As has been pointed out many many times no audio ever passes through the mysipswitch and now the sipsorcery servers. They are both SIP only. Things like dialplan processing and DNS lookups are likely to take way more time than SIP packets traversing even the worst links on the internet so ping times for sipsorcery.com are irrelevant.
snvv wrote:Oh well, MS windows :)
There is a plugin for Linux called Moonlight that can supposedly run Silverlight applications. Perhaps it would suit you better although I have no idea what stage of development it is at.

snvv

Post by snvv » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:35 pm

I will test with the new settings and I will report here if it works.
I have found Moonlight but it works with the previous version and it is only for 32bit OS.

EDIT.
It works now. I mean it updated, but when I tried a test call from a soft phone it gives an error "Call failed: Dial Plan missing method". This message is on the softphone. The console remains empty (no info).
The same dial plan works in MSS.

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm

Hello Aaron, this is a big problem now for Linux users, why microsoft?
The new dialplan i do not understand, it is very confusing, I would need someone who could all this configure for me, I tried the old dialplan from cloud, copied and pasted it but every call I try to do I get fast busy tone, also no incomming calls to me.
Now what can do all the linux users? I do not like to use windows always when have to go to new server. Is there anyone who could configure for me my providers an the new dialplan that it will work? Also again I have this problem, my port 5060 is blocked from my provider, but other ports I can use, so i see that all of the providers only register on port 5060 on the new server. So i can not do any single call. Heeeellllllppppp!!!!!!

formidible

Post by formidible » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:31 pm

Sorry but I don't understand all the tech language in this thread. All I know is that the SipSwitch server appears to be down right now. Am I right? I cannot make any calls out at all witn x-lite or via my mobile. When I login to MSS I see the error message 'the sipswitch did not respond'. I notice this has happened before several months ago when it went down for 48 hours. Hope this is not becoming a regular habit?

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:00 pm

ok, now someone helped me and put the old plan from cloud to this new server, outgoing calls work somehow, but incomming calls do not work, I am afraid that the old plan is not fully funktioning with the new server who is now sipsorcery. It seems the configurtion is completely different. Help!

njvijay

Post by njvijay » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:30 am

Yes few incoming dial plan syntax is not working. To receive incoming calls comment out the following

if sys.IsAvailable() then ... else .... end
Above syntax does not work.

Next sipsorcery user name and sip account username must be same to use following line of code

sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local")
If your sipsorcery user name different than sip account user name which you created than you must use the following

sys.Dial("#{req.URI.User}@local")
You must use sip account id as sip providers "register contact"

Now I am getting successfull incoming call