SIPSorcery Blog

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Well, like they say: If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
to be sure, you could check with Shields Up: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
You should get an passed & stealth report as result.

Why things work with me... i also don't know, but it works, and that is what matters.
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

ClareOldie

Post by ClareOldie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:47 pm

And if you're still not satisifed then there are other options that may better suit you such as voxalot or pbxes.org.
Unfortunately it is not a matter of not being satisfied, it is that I have no access to sipsorcery, unlike mysipswitch, due to the decision to use MS silver-something.

It seems an odd decision to deliberately exclude users of non-MS operating systems.

Time to move on I guess ...... next time I hope to find a truly open source project.

regards.

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Internet Explorer 6 (or better), and Silverlight installed should work fine,
but i guess i'm also not particulair a fan of M$ IE for that matter, and since my "need" for sip-switching, isn't that high, i stopped using Sipsorcery,
i just had grips on the Mysipswitch software..... and while i just need something that does it's job..... i had no urge to start over again, with previos efforts....
You must also choose for yourself, if you want to run the SS software of a "cloud", (like SS now is) if the 24/7 functioning of it, is that important to you, you shouldn't..... a cloud is a good option for a NetBook, or other smart devices, with little storage capacity.
The SS service is free to use, (or not) the great thing is, you get a lot of experience using it, at no cost, by using some inspiration and some transpiration :)
For what i need, i have enough using my 301 D, which has place for 6 different accounts, just simple straight dialplans, nothing fancy, but it works, no looking after for.

btw. i guess you're using Linux most of the time, Which distro ?
I'm thinking of Linux Mint, Fedora, or Suse, besides Internet i also like to
do things with video, like authoring to DVD or converting/capturing Video/Audio
(i'm now playing with gOS on a Asus 701 4G)
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D