sipsorcery site down

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
karhill

Post by karhill » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 pm

I wonder why new accounts are disabled at sipsorcery? Perhaps they're just trying to limit entropy keep a handle on the situation. Or I wonder if capacity issues are arising?

synchron

Post by synchron » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:26 pm

I've seen relatively no change since the short outages. I average 1 out of 3 calls where I get 480-Temporary Not Available. Usually it will work on the next try. Occasionally on the 3rd, and rarely on the 4th. My wife "punishes" me and uses her cell if she gets (3) fast busys in a row. This has not happened since the last outage so I'm safe for now.

....so reraikes/mxnerd if you can get me to 100% (I'll settle for 95) from my current 66% using G5/GV/SS, I'm all ears. For me, it doesn't matter if I go into G5 account and forward to ss_username@sipsorcery.com, where I specify forwarding or no forwarding, apparently, this has no effect.

Synchron 8)

Grampa

Post by Grampa » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:59 pm

synchron wrote:For me, it doesn't matter if I go into G5 account and forward to ss_username@sipsorcery.com, where I specify forwarding or no forwarding, apparently, this has no effect.

Synchron 8)
Synchron, I assume that when you set up G5 to forward, you do NOT have SS set up to register to G5? Because that can cause problems.

Also, as you have probably seen, Aaron has modified the dial plan app so that it no longer needs to use G5. Any DID that can get to SS will work. I'm using SipGate, and it's working fine.

LHM

Post by LHM » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:04 am

The requirement to achieve Grandpa's positive experience with GV "sys.GoogleVoiceCall" is that the G5 # forwarded to username@sipscory.com can only be used for that purpose only. Not in SS as a Sip Provider or in GV as a forward to Gizmo, checked or unchecked. Create another G5 account for this purpose if necessary. Do that and all is well. Worked for me no more time outs.

synchron

Post by synchron » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Grampa wrote:
Synchron, I assume that when you set up G5 to forward, you do NOT have SS set up to register to G5? Because that can cause problems.

Also, as you have probably seen, Aaron has modified the dial plan app so that it no longer needs to use G5. Any DID that can get to SS will work. I'm using SipGate, and it's working fine.
Actually, I still had G5 registered/checked. I've since unchecked it - now there's nothing checked. But so far, every call that uses sys.GoogleVoiceCall works great and I now get 2 SIP call change notification received messages before the call and 2 of the same message when I hang up so this must be the call forwarding action in G5 account. Hopefully, no more 480 errors.

As far as changing to sipgate or other DID, I thought that to get this to work with sys.GoogleVoiceCall you will get fast busy, hang up, and your phone will ring and only if you use the local version of SS, you can do what fixup77 did and add your own DID by modifying the code. I was not aware that Aaron worked on this so if you can point me to the link, that would be great since G5 quality is sometimes a little rusty. I tried putting in my Sipgate DID, registering Sipgate in SS, and pointing GV to ring that DID number but all I get is fast busy and always a 480 error.

Thanks again,

Synchron 8)

synchron

Post by synchron » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:08 pm

LHM wrote:The requirement to achieve Grandpa's positive experience with GV "sys.GoogleVoiceCall" is that the G5 # forwarded to username@sipscory.com can only be used for that purpose only. Not in SS as a Sip Provider or in GV as a forward to Gizmo, checked or unchecked. Create another G5 account for this purpose if necessary. Do that and all is well. Worked for me no more time outs.
Right now I have no providers registered in SS. But the phone rings since G5 is set to forward to SS (ala Grampa's advice). But I still need to check Gizmo in GV, else nothing will work - (outgoing and incoming).

The one thing that did break since I made these changes is that the free dialing via the GV webpage wasn't ringing back the phone when set to Gizmo. OK, this got me thinking, and I set SS to register sipgate provider and now the webpage feature works if I set it to the sipgate DID. For regular incoming, under G5 settings, only the Gizmo is checked.

Things are working great, so far this way, hopefully, this configuration is a keeper unless there's a way to get G5 out of the picture and do everything via sipgate, since the voice quality on the sipgate line is significantly better.

Synchron 8)

Grampa

Post by Grampa » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:18 pm

http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1628

Note that G5 is still the default. If you want to use a different provider, there is an extra parameter in the dial plan. I used my GV number. There are a couple of posts on this in the Features section of the forum.

synchron

Post by synchron » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:48 pm

Thanx Grampa, I'm now doing everything under sipgate now. VQ is excellent. I hope this lasts!

Synchron 8)

LHM

Post by LHM » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:15 pm

synchron

Not in SS as a Sip Provider or in GV as a forward to Gizmo, checked or unchecked. Create another G5 account for this purpose if necessary.

sirmikey1

Post by sirmikey1 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:09 pm

Gramps,
Whats the advantage of fwd over reg? Should we do this with SG also? Would you?
Mikey