sorry... MySipSwitch will BE CLOSED...??? WHY???? DO NOT DO

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
matt

Post by matt » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:55 am

AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN "The CPU must support MMX to run Silverlight."????

I'd aprecciate if someobe would plausuably explain WHY now there is need to run a special program, while on MSS it was NOT necessary...????

I understand that this service will be for informatics only, not for normal persons, who as I saw on this forum, was quite a great number of users.

I'm shocked as lately in every place informatics becomes more and more arrogant - building web sites suited to THEIR computers, forgetting what for was internet/web created and leaving the basic rules of it in a junk - the evident example is to create a fixed width page (ususally suited to large panoramic screens not to average user's not to mention laptops).

I'm REALLY disappointed

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:43 am

Maybe you're right, there's no shortage of user groups bemoaning the arrogance of programmers not satisfying their needs. On the whole though I suspect you're wrong from my experience, as a user, software is generally getting easier to use.

In the sipsorcery case the technology, user interface and other decisions have been made based on what my own personal tastes were. The logic being that if I was poring endless hours into it then at least I would be happy at the end of it. If other people like it or even just find it useful, and I hope they do, that's great, it would be a lot of effort for just one person.

The facility exists for other people to write a different user interface, such as the mysipswitch one, see http://sipsorcery.wordpress.com/2009/09 ... g-service/. Providing it doesn't expose any gaping security holes I'd even be happy to host it on the same sipsorcery.com server. To date I don't think anyone has undertaken any kind of effort towards that.

It definitely wouldn't be outside the realms of possibility for someone to whipe up a mysipswitch equivalent interface for sipsorcery within a couple of weeks. Maybe you could take up a collection and convince guillaume on these forums to do it, maybe not, trying would be better than just complaining.

Regards,

Aaron

jenalcom

Re: your CPU will nOT work with silverlight... thank you...

Post by jenalcom » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:30 am

matt wrote: I read somewhere that somone works with win98 - I have XP pro but my computer is ONLY... Pentium II which for this what I do on the internet is perfectly enough
I can tell you that it does NOT work on either of my two operating systems I use - Win98 and XP (64 bit).

I can understand (not really) why Win98 was ignored by money grabbing Micro$haft but I don't understand why they don't support 64 bit XP.