Latest news about SIP Sorcery
guduri

Post by guduri » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:49 pm

And this site

http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/ge ... fault.aspx

says x64 is supported. See at the bottom of the page

snvv

Post by snvv » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:15 pm

Mono project does not support Silverlight version of SS (I do not think ever it will be compatible, because of common MS business games).

However, the market share of IE shrink day by day and advances in hardware technology makes 4GB or even more a standard memory requirement. Therefore, at least a successful application should support no-IE browsers and 64bit OS's.

I am quite confident, when SS matures and developers feels happy with it, then they may consider the possibility to make SS service more applicable to various browsers and maybe operating systems.

Regards,
snvv

EDIT. mel2000, Microsoft statements about Silverlight are at least misleading.

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Matt, I do not understand what you and some others have a problem to go over to sipsorcery, this was the best joyce to do, sine blueface have kicked out many other countries so that we could all not anymore use mss, and sipsorcery is lots more better and eaier to use. No more kciking out some countries they just don`t like.
T Aaron, thank you for this wonderful job you are doing, the only sad thing that moonlight is still on silverlight 1 and not silverlight 2, so all we get is a black screen.
but still those who do not want to use windows they can still use virtualbox and install there the windows xp system and just when need is then to boot this up and configure sipsorcery, there you can install silverlight 2.
I have a spare alptop where I still use win xp for things I can`t still use on linux, it is not often but it is there.
Good luck to you all.

jenalcom

Post by jenalcom » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:19 am

guduri wrote:Silverlight does not work on XP 64 bit? Are you sure? Did you try reinstalling it.
The system requirements for Microsoft Silverlight and associated technologies are listed below.
Windows
Operating System: Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
Intel® Pentium® III 450MHz or faster processor (or equivalent)
128MB of RAM
Yep, I am using an AMD Athlon 64bit machine (HP brand) running Win XP (which tells me it's up to date with updates) and I have tried un-installing and re-installing Silverlight several times and all I get is a Black screen.

Looking at the Silverlight forums they seem to indicate that they already know it won't work on 64 bit machines and they have no intention (at the moment) of getting it to work. Why do MS promote a 64 bit OS if they won't even ensure their own stuff runs on it? Once again it reminds me why I don't use any MS software except the OS!

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:16 pm

for linux is now moonlight 2.0 beta ready and it loads the page and I can get to the sipsorcery.com login page. on pclinuxos.
But on linux mint it detects only moonlight 1.0 eventhough I have installed the moonlight 2.0 beta, this is crazy.

emoci

Post by emoci » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:51 am

I am sure there are a few people who would appreciate if MSS could last till the end of the year... but SipSorcery has definitely built up into a decent alternative...

I only have one suggestion for Aaron/GBonnet:

Most of the MSS accts. have an email on file. If it is not too much trouble try firing off a general email about the closure.

I know had I not checked in today I would have not figured it out till it closed. And some of us have elaborate dial plans on MSS that we probably have not saved anywhere else (I know I am guilty of this).

My other issue...albeit this is probably not the place to bring it up is that of all my providers Eutelia seems to have an issue with SipSorcery for incoming...whereas the same setup works flawlessly on MSS (but I haven't spent too much time on it lately).

Cheers...and thanks for all your work... it takes a special kind of dedication to put up with headaches for free...

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:48 am

We'll be leaving the mysipswitch.com web site running for another couple of weeks after the 31st. The SIP services will be switched off but people will still be able to login and get their dialplans and settings if needed.

Regards,

Aaron

Aaron
Site Admin

Post by Aaron » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:57 pm

emoci wrote:My other issue...albeit this is probably not the place to bring it up is that of all my providers Eutelia seems to have an issue with SipSorcery for incoming...whereas the same setup works flawlessly on MSS (but I haven't spent too much time on it lately).
Hi emoci,

I'm pretty sure incoming calls used to work with sipsorcery and eutelia. I even have a eutelia account registered in my sipsorcery account which I think was in response to you flagging an issue with eutelia and sipsorcery in the past (it could have been someone else, I can't recall exactly).

Anyway incoming calls aren't working on my eutelia account now. Conseqeuntly I removed the sipsorcery binding and signed on directly with an xten and I still don't get an incoming call. Does your eutelia account work for incoming calls when connected directly with the xten?

Regards,

Aaron

TheFug

Post by TheFug » Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:32 am

Aaron wrote:We'll be leaving the mysipswitch.com web site running for another couple of weeks after the 31st. The SIP services will be switched off but people will still be able to login and get their dialplans and settings if needed.

Regards,

Aaron
This said, will the forums also be moved, or will they stay available on www.mysipswitch.com ?
Thanks, The Fug.

gear: my ISP's Zyxel Modem/Router in bridge, Sitecom WL309 Router, Siemens Gigaset 301D

MrChris

Post by MrChris » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Im a little confused. All though my ATA and my Gizmo/Google Voice combo config are still working. My ATA is set to use sip.sipsorcery.com as my proxy for in/out calls. Is this post refering to SS or MSS being shut down? Or is it refering to MSS? Im confused. Can I expect that my ATA will be able to function with sip.sipsorcery.com as my proxy for in/out?

Will the forum still be around. I like to be able to read info on the local version of SS server.