Setting up SIPSorcery

Latest news about SIP Sorcery
SSWGazer

Setting up SIPSorcery

Post by SSWGazer » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:23 pm

(I didn't find a forum specific for SIPSorcery. So for nohtw, it is in "news")

I passed few road blocks so far:

1) I tried to install MS Silverlight on Mac, but still could not see the right screen for SIPSorcery. No good. Moved to step 2.

2) Installed MS Silverlight on PC. Now I could see the correct screen on SIPSorcery. Using Firefox. OK. Step 3

3) I was able to register and open an account. OK.

4) I logged in, and can see the different screens "SIP Accounts, SIP Providers, Dial Plans, Calls, Console". OK.

5) I pressed the "Add" button in "SIP Accounts". Nothing happens. Same for the "Add" button in SIP Providers". Not good.

Update: I found the entry field at the bottom of the page. My screen is very small (10") so it is hard to find it. OK

More later [see post below]
Last edited by SSWGazer on Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

guduri

Post by guduri » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:25 pm

I am using sipsorcery website on a mac using the firefox browser on a daily basis without any problems. I have silver light 3.0 installed in the latest firefox (3.5.5).

SSWGazer

Post by SSWGazer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:00 am

guduri wrote:I am using sipsorcery website on a mac using the firefox browser on a daily basis without any problems. I have silver light 3.0 installed in the latest firefox (3.5.5).
Good to know. Thanks. But probably you have Mac Intel. Silverlight 3 (or 2) does not work on Mac PowerPC, only Silverlight 1, which is not capable of displaying SIPSorcery, and even not the demo on MS website.

I've tried to install Silverlight on OSX that is on a netbook that has Intel, but Silverlight for unknown reason thinks that it is PowerPC, and refusell to insta :cry:

[Still, it's good to know that you are able to use it !!]

SSWGazer

Re: Setting up SIPSorcery

Post by SSWGazer » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:18 am

SSWGazer wrote: More later [see post below]
Continue:

6) I defined a SIP Account, and updated the setting in my ATA (InnoMedia MTA6328-2Rew). My phone was able to register at SIPSorcery. OK.

7) I copied the old Call Plan that workedon MySIPSwitch. I had actually two. So I was able to define one as "Extensions" (Asterisk) and one as Ruby. I tried each of them (one ata time), and was able to call out to SipPhone (Gizmo5)."**" worked, as well as 18005551212. (Note: Dial out does not require registration at SIPPhone). OK.

8 ) I defined SIP Provider. My account on SIPPhone (Gizmo5), and marked the "Register" checkbox. SIPSorcery was able to register at SIPPhone, and it is shown in the "SIP Provider Registration" at the bottom of the "SIP Providers" page. OK.

9) I tried to call my sip phone, but no ring!! :cry:
The Console shows activity when I call in, and it seems to follow the right call-in dial plan, yet no ring and no connection to my phone.

9a) for a test, I disabled the SIP Provider registration at SIPSorcery, and I reconfigured my ATA to register directly at SIPPhone. Allworks fine and i can call in to my phone.

i.e. something is misconfigured at SIPSorcery. But what???

So this is wher i am stuck now.

More later.

ilanesh

Post by ilanesh » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:05 am

sswgazer, Try this dialplan, for me it works. Copy and Paste it and just type your sipprovider in. :-)

#Ruby
#Aug 3rd 2009 Version

sys.Log("call from #{req.Header.From.FromURI.ToString()} to #{req.URI.User}.")
#Incoming coming
if sys.In then
sys.Dial("#{sys.Username}@local",30)
#Outgoing coming
else
case req.URI.User
when /^\*1/ then sys.Dial("${dst:2}@yoursipprovider")
else sys.Dial("yoursipprovider")
end
end